Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-21-2023, 10:21 AM   #511
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
And does anyone review these comics on youtube I am trying to find someone who does an unboxing and review of it but cannot find anything.
What are these things called anyway, regular comicbooks right or is there a special term they use for these things so I can look up unboxings?
To my knowledge there are not many comic reviewers and most of them look back or only cover major events.

I know there are Power Girl videos, but they tend to be general or retrospective in nature. I did watch a review on the special, but things like covers don't factor into it, more the content of the story is the focus.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:23 AM   #512
zeheero
Justice League

Wholly cow, the edition size on this statue for the DX is 100 and the regular for 30 which makes about 130 edition size total.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:25 AM   #513
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Wholly cow, the edition size on this statue for the DX is 100 and the regular for 30 which makes about 130 edition size total.
I hope that means locked in and no chance of cancelling it by Prime 1. This is my personal grail after all.

That said...man, no wonder this line is not likely to have more steam. Mera was 200, this is 130. Just not many of us in the world.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:24 AM   #514
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I hope that means locked in and no chance of cancelling it by Prime 1. This is my personal grail after all.

That said...man, no wonder this line is not likely to have more steam. Mera was 200, this is 130. Just not many of us in the world.
I?m a pretty big PG fan, this statue just didn?t do it for me. Maybe if it wasn?t so expensive to get these statues to Canada, I might buy it anyways.

I am happy for the limited edition sizes though, it means this will be a tough get in the aftermarket.
ComicJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:29 AM   #515
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I'm a big PG and Supergirl fan as well and didn't get either one. Something about the faces just doesn't look /feel right to me, never could put my finger on just what it was. But that feeling kept me from getting them. I will enjoy and admire them in Augen's photos though.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #516
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm a big PG and Supergirl fan as well and didn't get either one. Something about the faces just doesn't look /feel right to me, never could put my finger on just what it was. But that feeling kept me from getting them. I will enjoy and admire them in Augen's photos though.
I think it is a hard market to get much from once you get past the big DC 5 (Batman, Joker, Superman, Harley, Wonder Woman) and why so many just stop at about that level.

I love my Supergirl, I think it is amazing and glad to have it. I cannot wait to get Power Girl and have them side by side.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:29 AM   #517
Augen
Metal Men

Based on expectations...I'd say she is about a year or so away from being in my hands.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:35 PM   #518
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:

Based on expectations...I'd say she is about a year or so away from being in my hands.

I am excited too for this statue, I just hope we don't have to get a license for importing things. I know the batman collector Chris did a video chat talking about how someone ordering DHL have to pay addition fees on the statue. Hopefully by that time we don't have to do that. I am thinking maybe that doesn't apply to sea shipping.

I do not know why everyone hates this statue, sure it doesn't over sexualize the character. I prefer this one than the Artgerm Supergirl P1 did a while back due to the skin tone color being better.
Old 08-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #519
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
I am excited too for this statue, I just hope we don't have to get a license for importing things. I know the batman collector Chris did a video chat talking about how someone ordering DHL have to pay addition fees on the statue. Hopefully by that time we don't have to do that. I am thinking maybe that doesn't apply to sea shipping.

I do not know why everyone hates this statue, sure it doesn't over sexualize the character. I prefer this one than the Artgerm Supergirl P1 did a while back due to the skin tone color being better.
I don't order through Prime 1. It does mean mine often arrive months later on a boat, but way cheaper and hopefully avoid customs and imports business.

Zatanna for me was recent and Wonder Woman any day now. the wait for Power Girl will be the worst though as had that empty spot in my collection for this before it was even shown.

I love the statue and my only complaint is want more of her to show different artists styles.
Old 08-25-2023, 06:12 PM   #520
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
I don't order through Prime 1. It does mean mine often arrive months later on a boat, but way cheaper and hopefully avoid customs and imports business.

Zatanna for me was recent and Wonder Woman any day now. the wait for Power Girl will be the worst though as had that empty spot in my collection for this before it was even shown.

I love the statue and my only complaint is want more of her to show different artists styles.

Actually, Prime 1 Studio already have the estimated shipping price for me when I check out, it was about $300 to Nashville, TN. Luckily, I had enough points to cover the shipping for it, I don't know if they going to bump up the shipping price later on.

Personally, I would order directly from Prime 1 Studio because it be easier to get replacement parts for the statue. If you go with the third party it take a while to get the replacement. I don't know if the third party will past the import fees to the consumer, it usually how business are ran.

Well to the topic, I am actually glad they are only making about 130 only that actually means this statue will probably be highly collectible. But for me, this statue has been overdue, now I can pair it with my Superman.