Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #131
iceprince_x
Deadman

I am confused plastic or polystone... how can one get in touch to find the real score???

Really prefer the resin or polystone
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #132
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Ordered!!!!
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #133
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I was already charged. I wonder if it's shipping already? If not I don't mind that they charged me. I have the money now..... Maybe I won't when it really ships out.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #134
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I was already charged. I wonder if it's shipping already? If not I don't mind that they charged me. I have the money now..... Maybe I won't when it really ships out.
Some places will run a check on a pre-order to see if you have a working bank account or credit card and they will take off the charge in a couple days. BBTS does that I know.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #135
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Some places will run a check on a pre-order to see if you have a working bank account or credit card and they will take off the charge in a couple days. BBTS does that I know.
We'll see. Either way I'm good.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:02 PM   #136
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Agreed Blade.

I remember Randy Bowen saying resin was a form of plastic or something like that. Isn’t polystone a fancy name for resin??? Not sure.

"Polystone is a compound made up largely of polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that give it added weight and the porcelain or "stone-like" feel that resulted in the materials name itself. ... Polystone is durable and highly effective at maintaining a sharp paint finish"

Everything is basically various shades of plastic.

The PVC Marvel Gallery piece I have (Cloak & Dagger) is just about one of the best value things. Less than $50, durable, and I like the composition, design, and sculpt.
I wouldn't have been motivated to pay $250 for a polystone version, so this was right up my alley. I also knocked it off it's perch once and it didn't suffer any damage. Another huge bonus.
As eye candy, it really doesn't matter what this stuff is made out of. You either like the looks of it or you don't.(IMO)

Conan looks good- though the left arm seam is far from ideal. Price seemed a bit high to me, but I guess it's in line with a similarly scaled HT figure with switchouts. I'd always prefer a fixed figure statue though, as any arm position as high, or higher, than shoulder level creates a compression in the shoulder/neck area that action figures aren't capable of, and the lack of which always looks cheesy to me.

For US customers Entertainment Earth has it for pre-order for $225 with free shipping.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #137
dao2
Cyclops

While resin is a plastic it is VERY different from PVC and ABS. Plastics is a wide range of materials which can be wildly different. Resin is fine, and it's a much better material then ABS for statues so most people mention resin when using it.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:51 AM   #138
Blade3327
Nightwing

Did I hallucinate the 15" measurement they gave? Because it's now listed on their site as 12".
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #139
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Did I hallucinate the 15" measurement they gave? Because it's now listed on their site as 12".
Conan himself is 12". On the base it's 15".
Old 12-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #140
Blade3327
Nightwing

Both of these pictures from Mezco's product page give different measurements on the base.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote