Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 02-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #141
Mister H
Gen 13

I'll be keeping an eye out for that 1/3 Nightmare Batman. Hopefully he'll be in a similar pose to the 1/10 from Iron Studios.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #142
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'll be keeping an eye out for that 1/3 Nightmare Batman. Hopefully he'll be in a similar pose to the 1/10 from Iron Studios.
The Weta version is going to be difficult for me to pass up. But I'm always keen to see different versions of Knightmare Batman.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #143
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah the pose on the Weta version looks strange. I also wish somebody would put a gun on him like the Hot Toys version.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:49 PM   #144
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Yeah the pose on the Weta version looks strange. I also wish somebody would put a gun on him like the Hot Toys version.
You can pose him holding the SCAR instead of the Joker card.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:01 PM   #145
thegeekblend
Frackin!

I sent WETA an email requesting to cancel this order. I just don’t trust that they’re going to get the sculpt right after all the images that have surfaced. I’ll probably do iron studios or Queen Studios version. I wish I would not have missed out on the prime one studios black suit Superman.
thegeekblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:08 AM   #146
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I've just cancelled my order.

Production sample (left image) & Prototype piece (right image), the differences were night and day. The Black colors are off, the silver colors are off! For example, the silver color for the 'S' symbol on Superman's suit is so bland and there is no contrast, same for the blacks on the suit.

The portraits for both the regular head sculpt and heat vision head sculpt are also very far off. Although I do agree to some extent that lighting, camera quality, and how the angles of the photos were taken can sometimes lead to some inaccuracies. However, given WETA's response with more photos shown, I can clearly see the paint job for the production sample wasn't even up to standard initially, and WETA gave an approval to that standard before mass producing it in the factory, which is not acceptable for me.

It is sad that I have to cancel my order, it takes away all my excitement for this piece. I was really looking forward to it. But there is no way I would spend my money on such a poorly done product.

austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:55 PM   #147
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm really considering cancelling myself.

I'm primarily focused on the regular portraits but I can see the big difference here myself.

I absolutely love that prototype towards the right. The paint job on the one on the left is really off. I can get past the costume colors but the skin tones might break this.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 01:18 PM   #148
Thor Odinson

The regular portrait is not that bad but man, that heat portrait is something else... I almost feel like they need to stop production and address it or it might hurt future sales on other items.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:07 PM   #149
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
The regular portrait is not that bad but man, that heat portrait is something else... I almost feel like they need to stop production and address it or it might hurt future sales on other items.
Knightmare Batman being $1200 might also do that.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:10 AM   #150
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
Knightmare Batman being $1200 might also do that.
Yes, no idea why Batman is $300 more than Superman. I know costs have probably risen but really?
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote