Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #111
Baronflash
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I was hoping prime may release a life size JH bust . Not so sure now.
Baronflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:02 PM   #112
Puni
Birdman

wow ... $900 + shipping + taxes for a bust?

sad to say, but i am out
i was expecting $500-650, but not 899,00. a few bucks more and you get a great 1/4 statue from prime
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #113
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

$3600 for 4 heads

When the full statue + 4 heads cost $3000

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #114
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Insane prices....but they do have a point. This is easily the most critical fanbase I've seen from any statue buying groups.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:27 PM   #115
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Insane prices....but they do have a point. This is easily the most critical fanbase I've seen from any statue buying groups.
Yeah but they haven't even proven they can deliver. The 1/4 jungle hunter was good but it was certainly not up to the standards they advertised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
$3600 for 4 heads

When the full statue + 4 heads cost $3000

It's not just the heads it's the roso as well, this thing is actually quite large. The torso and head are also the most difficult parts to do. I wish they would offer just the heads with the stands tbh.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #116
Dundee
Hydra

It's only the front half of the torso, and a bit of the side trimmed, so I'd say about 40% torso, hence the total weight of only 6kgs.

It's a bloody rip off and I highly doubt there able to pull off prototype paint quality. I'm willing to bet they go cheap again on the quills.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #117
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandre View Post
I am weak, i hate myself.....i have ordered.
Lol I've got that same feeling of wanting to get this. Perfectly ok it's a character that we all love.

Can I buy it? Yes
Will I? A fat no because of principal.

This thing should be max $600 and even at that price, prime 1 would be killing it. Or at least offer a $300 discount to those who brought the FS 1/3.

Heck I could even buy all 4, but I ain't going to support this one. They butchered the price and there going to learn the hard way if they don't revise the price.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #118
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Lol I've got that same feeling of wanting to get this. Perfectly ok it's a character that we all love.

Can I buy it? Yes
Will I? A fat no because of principal.

This thing should be max $600 and even at that price, prime 1 would be killing it. Or at least offer a $300 discount to those who brought the FS 1/3.

Heck I could even buy all 4, but I ain't going to support this one. They butchered the price and there going to learn the hard way if they don't revise the price.
Good for you man.... Same here.... and because I already have a predator on order.... but yes.. Principal
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:22 PM   #119
Dundee
Hydra

These $899 busts, there not targeted to those who brought the FS 1/3. There targeting people who either could not afford or chose not to order the 1/3 and for collectors who ordered the 1/4 and still want a partial representation of the 1/3. Hence why they are offering 4 types of portraits. By doing this they essentially pissed off just about all 1/3 FS buyers. It's the ultimate dumb move.

Offering a discount to buyers of the 1/3 would have been the smarter long term move and also not sour potential buyers of the 1/3 CH in both price (as collectors may not want to depart any more money, which will hurt profits of the 1/3 CH) and in practice (Prime 1 may have been on track to restore some faith, but they've lost it all because of this low blow move).
Old 11-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #120
Python
Omega Red

Oh man, 12hrs or so later and this is hilarious in a bad way. Prime 1 have full on lost their minds with these. I see that ES number dropping significantly in future. This is such a blatant rip-off. Aside from a couple of shills on their group, I'm not sure I've ever seen such unanimous outrage at a price like this since the Deadpool PF? And that caused the head of Sideshow to come out of his shell and release a statement. They must be listening. It'll be interesting to see if they actually do anything. I reckon they'll add a $100 discount for anybody who ordered the statue. And that'll be $300 or so too little.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote