Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
furie
The X-Men

Sad news about death of Cop

This was really surprising.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/10/cop.shot.ap/

I feel sorry for this poor guys family and wish them my best during this difficult time.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by furie

yeah, I saw it on CNN this morning. Tragic. I'm glad the officer got some shots off and nailed the fu$#ers who killed him. Either way though, it's still not really justice. The officer still died.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

someone needs to tell lillo boy there that once ur off the set the mob role needs to stay there too
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Terrible news and always sad when people die needless deaths.

I question whether the fact he was off duty contributed to his death?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

When I was a little kid, police officers were almost like superheroes. If your lost, scared, in trouble, find a police officer. As I got a litlle older I began to mistrust them, and often it seemed that as a young black man I was an enemy of the police. When I became a prosecutor, I was nervous about that mistrust, after working very closely for five years with Police Officers I can say that yes there are some dishonest ones, but 95 percent of the Officers that I have had the pleasure and privelege of working with, but more importantly being friends with are great people. How many of us go to work each day and can honestly say that coming home that night is truly in question? I have lost police officer friends in the line of duty, and have seen several of other officers lives completely upheaved due to being wounded on the job. Not just the job being over, but your life completely altered. I know that each and every officer understands the risks, but it doesn't diminish the strength of character that it requires to take that oath and go out and try to protect others and society. This is truly a sad story and this officer should be remembered as a hero. To Sam, who used to do this and JerseyDevil who is out there right now, I salute you brothers and I thank you for your courage and conviction.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
rychehitman
Galactus

well said Cage!

It's a shame that in todays society truly heroic jobs (police, fire, teachers, etc.) are not recognized and compensated appropriately!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
well said Cage!

It's a shame that in todays society truly heroic jobs (police, fire, teachers, etc.) are not recognized and compensated appropriately!
Yea the media is too busy showing the bling bling of celebs.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
k9ziggy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Cage, as a fellow officer, I thank you for expressing your opinion here (all of it, by the way, including the younger years feelings). You nailed it on the head.

It is always a sad thing to see. We all do this, knowing it can happen, but it doesn't make it any easier. We just recently had an officer in a neighboring jurisdiction shot, and luckily his armor saved him from anything more than pain and some broken ribs.

To all out there, be safe.
k9ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #9
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

My uncle was a police officer too, one day he was working traffic (medical stuff is hard to explain for me in English) but he had some sort of 'glitch' in his brain and fell to the ground. He died a couple hours later in the hospital.

I have alot of respect for cops, they have a very dangerous job and they don't even earn that much.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote