Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #22961
SONICobra
Batman

the mummy (2017) - 2/10

well that was pretty awful, the only reason why im giving it anything at all is because I admire tom cruise's dedication. dude gives 110% every time, this movie was garbage though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:35 AM   #22962
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Blade Runner: The Final Cut - 10/10

Science Fiction really doesn't get any better than this. An intellectually robust neo-noir detective story that influenced generations of filmmakers, and for good reason. Blade Runner runs deeper than just stunning visuals and immersive world building. It transcends those genres by challenging our ideals behind what it really means to be human and delivers a powerful tale of man's hubris and mortality. No question The Final Cut is the definitive version in my eyes.

Blade Runner 2049 - 10/10

How do you follow up one of the greatest films of all time? Is it even possible to do the material justice? Blade Runner 2049 not only expands on the themes and world of it's predecessor in brilliant fashion, it stands on it's own as a seminal piece of Sci-Fi mastery. A truly contemplative film that will stick with you well after you've left the cinema and quite possibly one of the most visually striking films ever made. The cinematography is simply breathtaking and the score mesmerizing. Gosling was perfectly cast here and carries the film. See this on the big screen! Just like the first film, it's a beautiful piece of work on every level.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #22963
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Did you watch the short films that came out for Blade Runner 2049? Wondering if I should watch that before I see it, but I don't want to know too much, though I do like knowing some of the backstory. Decisions, decisions...
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #22964
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Alphaville (1965) - A U.S. secret agent is sent to the distant space city of Alphaville where he must find a missing person and free the city from its tyrannical ruler.

After Blade Runner, I wanted to watch another sci-fi/film noir mash-up and this one is nearly as good. Jean-Luc Godard was on an incredible roll in the 60s. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #22965
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Did you watch the short films that came out for Blade Runner 2049? Wondering if I should watch that before I see it, but I don't want to know too much, though I do like knowing some of the backstory. Decisions, decisions...
No, I didn't. I'll likely check them out this week. I didn't want to know too much either and I think it was the right decision. I think watching them after is fine as it'll just add some backstory and depth. If anything it's just going to encourage me to watch the film again, which is a good thing.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #22966
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Blade Runner 2049 - 10/10

How do you follow up one of the greatest films of all time? Is it even possible to do the material justice? Blade Runner 2049 not only expands on the themes and world of it's predecessor in brilliant fashion, it stands on it's own as a seminal piece of Sci-Fi mastery. A truly contemplative film that will stick with you well after you've left the cinema and quite possibly one of the most visually striking films ever made. The cinematography is simply breathtaking and the score mesmerizing. Gosling was perfectly cast here and carries the film. See this on the big screen! Just like the first film, it's a beautiful piece of work on every level.

Oh snap! Seriously can't wait to go see it tonight.

Last edited by Luminous; 10-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #22967
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Oh snap! Seriously can't wait to go see it tonight.
Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #22968
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men tell no Tales

A perfect return to form. Some of Hans Zimmers finest work as well. That music gets me every time, and the ending made me so happy

9/10
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #22969
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Alphaville (1965) - A U.S. secret agent is sent to the distant space city of Alphaville where he must find a missing person and free the city from its tyrannical ruler.

After Blade Runner, I wanted to watch another sci-fi/film noir mash-up and this one is nearly as good. Jean-Luc Godard was on an incredible roll in the 60s. 9/10
Okay, I need to check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #22970
SONICobra
Batman

super stoked to hear you enjoyed bladerunner as much as you did, hypes me up even more!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote