Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
I guess there were to many shmucks trying to bypass the final value fee by setting buy it now prices at the lowest possible price and then having the actually purchase price be the shipping cost. It was clever but Ebay got fed up and changed their policy now we're all paying for it. C'est la vie!
This is it exactly - thank the douches who were being shady and using loopholes rather than being honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Ahhh another fine example of eBay trying their hardest to alienate their customers! I look forward to the day those greedy bastiches get some real competition and go under.
They weren't trying to alienate thier customers - they were tired of getting taken advantage of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
The problem is now that they have done that because of just a few people, now a lot more people are jacking up the shipping cost to cover what eBay will charge. I know I have.
It had to be way more than just a few - it was happening more and more from what I saw. Still, it's all about who offers the best combined price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
This is a big mistake on eBay's part because now sellers like myself are just going to charge more for shipping.
And that's the rub - I don't blame sellers for charging more to offset the costs.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

What if a bidder wins more then one item from a seller? Most sellers combined shipping on multiple auction wins. If I sell 10 items to one bidder am I'm going to be charged a shipping fee on each item or just the combined shipping?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
What if a bidder wins more then one item from a seller? Most sellers combined shipping on multiple auction wins. If I sell 10 items to one bidder am I'm going to be charged a shipping fee on each item or just the combined shipping?
That's a good question...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
joncorr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

it is based on your total invoice price
joncorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I know exactly how you feel. I sold something on ebay last month and was hit with a huge fee not to mention the others ones that added up. It's been a while since I sold on ebay so I was shocked to.
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #16
hellboy120
Frackin!

Horrible news, I was going to put something for sale but this news...
hellboy120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I dont see how its fair to do this if you are using their calculator and etc so that you are charging exactly what the usps is charging..
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #18
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
I dont see how its fair to do this if you are using their calculator and etc so that you are charging exactly what the usps is charging..
There's a handling fee option with the calculator so when you list your items you can add a little extra to the shipping. When the buyer uses the calculator it doesn't tell them that handling was added to the total it's giving them.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah this sucks. I sold about $1600.00 worth of collectibles over the past month and got raped with fees.

The crap part about charging more for shipping is you end up getting a poor seller rating based on their 5 star system. Personally I don't think shipping & handling should be rated. I guess I shouldn't care about the rating but I pride myself of charging as close as possible to actual shipping fees.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #20
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

The death of Ebay is near
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote