Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #111
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
However crazy the price may seem, congratulations are still in order for those that bought this magnificent statue. The 100 limited edition and the ultra sexiness, bond inspired statue will be the envy of most collectors, mine included!
Agree 100%
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #112
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Sideshow doesn't need to look at GG for anything. They already know how to raise prices steadily on their own.

Collecting is expensive at this level. There are always mini-busts, action figures, legos and other things to collect at a lower level. It's either collect less really nice things or get more by collecting lesser things.
I have to disagree with you, companies use their competition to derive what pricing they can enact on a regular basis...that is a fact of business. Collecting at this level just 3 years ago was far less, inflation would dictate that the price increase a rate commensurate to the economic status, commerce amongst other countries and many other variables. What SS, Gentle giant and many other companies have done is raise the price bar to a gouging rate not in line with inflation. It is the buyers and demand that drive the pricing, if all these statue makers got a clear message that we the collectors will not stand for this by not purchasing their items at an over inflated rate then the prices would remain more reasonable. As I have always said I expect no freebies, just a good price for a reliable, quality product. $700+ dollars for a ΒΌ scale statue is nuts, no matter how you cut or how you defend it, sorry.

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #113
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm not sure it's sold out cause of Flippers.
I bought one cause I love the rarity of it and because it's Literally one of the Most Beautiful Female Statue's I've ever seen but I would have NEVER gambled $700.00 on a piece that is from an unproven line.
This could have just as easily sat around for a Really long time too.
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #114
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Agree 100%
This would have sold for $200.00 - $300.00 max 3 - 4 years ago. You are saying that it makes sense that GG should charge this? 2 - 3 times price increase in less than 4 years????? How does that make sense and why should I be forced to by crap or quite collecting because GG and other companies have lost their mind? WOW bro, really?

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #115
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
However crazy the price may seem, congratulations are still in order for those that bought this magnificent statue. The 100 limited edition and the ultra sexiness, bond inspired statue will be the envy of most collectors, mine included!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
I'm not sure it's sold out cause of Flippers.
I bought one cause I love the rarity of it and because it's Literally one of the Most Beautiful Female Statue's I've ever seen but I would have NEVER gambled $700.00 on a piece that is from an unproven line.
This could have just as easily sat around for a Really long time too.
The first 5 statues proved that these were awesome. GG SP line is gold and will sell and to me are grails. Grats to all those that did not hesitate to get this
Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #116
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
This would have sold for $200.00 - $300.00 max 3 - 4 years ago. You are saying that it makes sense that GG should charge this? 2 - 3 times price increase in less than 4 years????? How does that make sense and why should I be forced to by crap or quite collecting because GG and other companies have lost their mind? WOW bro, really?

John M.
It sucks yes but from business end yes 100% . They are not charity and are here to make a buck. If ES was 1000 then It would stink further. It's their company and the reason they charged a lot is simple. It's because they can, that's it. Oh and by the way no one is forcing you to buy anything, were not talking about gas, electricity or oil, food shelter, clothing
Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #117
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Congrats are in order to all that secured on of these but I don't know why GG could not have just put this up on their site as a regular SDCC preorder like Sideshow does with their SDCC exclusives. Having to be a Premier Guild member to order is BS imo and alienates anyone who isn't already a member but still might have wanted this statue. I am just not a fan of having to jump through unnecessary hopes just to place an order. A non member's money should spend just as well as a member's money for something like this. I wasn't planning to order this but it's the principle that has me a bit irritated.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #118
leplant
Deadman

Price gouging exclusives, and trying to create buzz with extreme limited edition pieces. A number of years ago, GG did their level best to make their products and company irrelevant in the collectible world using the same tactics. They staged a noteworthy comeback with the high quality, and affordable Sucker Punch line, but there is no rear view mirror on this car. The price on this beautiful statue is indefensible. I am sorry, I know inflation has run amok, but that price is ridiculous. A plea to GG from a collector who stuck with you through the good, and the bad. Please don''t run the train off the rail on an ego fueled rampage again.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #119
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Congrats are in order to all that secured on of these but I don't know why GG could not have just put this up on their site as a regular SDCC preorder like Sideshow does with their SDCC exclusives. Having to be a Premier Guild member to order is BS imo and alienates anyone who isn't already a member but still might have wanted this statue. I am just not a fan of having to jump through unnecessary hopes just to place an order. A non member's money should spend just as well as a member's money for something like this. I wasn't planning to order this but it's the principle that has me a bit irritated.
Agree it would have been nice. It also would have been nice if they made 500 and sold em for $400 too. But that's the way it is
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #120
Zodach
The Herculoids

If they priced these at $300-400 they would have sold out even sooner and more money would be going to resellers not Gentle Giant. This way they are at least cutting out the middle man (ie-reseller) a little bit and probably gauging demand for the regular line.
Zodach is offline   Reply With Quote