Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #31
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd imagine regular releases will be priced between $400-$475. Anything more than that and this line is going to have a difficult time getting off the ground despite how amazing they look.
I gave my estimate in the regular thread, which mimics what you provided, expect that I can actually see them price some of them at $499. If so, then I will have to pick and choose with this line.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #32
FROBAY
Phoenix

I'm a little surprised the variant isn't sold out yet.

Anybody else pull the trigger on this one?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

howd you find out frobay?
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Gentle Giant could have and should have put more effort into this exclusive. They had a whole year. Only to change her hair color, suit, and move the fins into a different position. I know Baby Doll didn't have a big difference with her Japan variant. But still, they do a Bond reference and this is it?

If it were me, I would have her with the red suit, Bond Rolex with RAF strap, blue transparent goggles, and a 60s hair style. That would make me get this exclusive.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #35
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
howd you find out frobay?
Find out what?

Removable top and they would have sold out
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #36
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Pricetag is Waaaaaay to high.

Maybe the Sucker punch line was so affordable just to get us hooked...You know like "the first ones free" type deal.

Cuz the only type of people I can see spending that kind of $ on this, is the full blown addicts... you know who you are
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #37
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Gentle Giant could have and should have put more effort into this exclusive. They had a whole year. Only to change her hair color, suit, and move the fins into a different position. I know Baby Doll didn't have a big difference with her Japan variant. But still, they do a Bond reference and this is it?

If it were me, I would have her with the red suit, Bond Rolex with RAF strap, blue transparent goggles, and a 60s hair style. That would make me get this exclusive.
I think the changes they've made for the exclusive are pretty notable myself. Certainly more than your average Con Exclusive.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I'm a little surprised the variant isn't sold out yet.

Anybody else pull the trigger on this one?

Hmmm....I really don't expect it to sell out. This statue is $220 more than the sucker punch samurai maquette and it took a year for that to sell out. I get that the samurai isn't a sexy girl in a wet suit, but it did have a connection to a movie and it's huge.

I hope the regular versions are priced around $300 or less with a edition size of 1000. If they're not priced around $300 I don't see all of these selling well. Remember only Babydoll commands big money on the secondary market and she was basically the lead of the film. Not so much for the other girls, so why would collectors pay more for a group of no name characters. (Not knocking the product just hoping for a reasonable price. These statue are beautiful. I saw them last year at SDCC.)
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #39
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think the changes they've made for the exclusive are pretty notable myself. Certainly more than your average Con Exclusive.
Perhaps. I don't have many if any SDCC exclusives. I just think they could have hooked far more people with a true Bond Whisper statue. A friend of mine is getting the normal too. But when I showed him the exclusive he too wondered why they didn't do more. I mean GG knows what they are referencing.

I guess it's cool anyway because I came up with some major statue ideas for a personal project after seeing this variant and considering it.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #40
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I hope the regular versions are priced around $300 or less with a edition size of 1000. If they're not priced around $300 I don't see all of these selling well. Remember only Babydoll commands big money on the secondary market and she was basically the lead of the film. Not so much for the other girls, so why would collectors pay more for a group of no name characters. (Not knocking the product just hoping for a reasonable price. These statue are beautiful. I saw them last year at SDCC.)
No way these pieces cost $300 or less you guys. You're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting that. Nobody sells 1/4 scale pieces for that anymore especially nothing as detailed and intricate as these. The Sucker Punch girls were an under-priced anomaly.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote