Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-24-2017, 03:49 AM   #591
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The human leg does not curve inward like that. That's a solid straight bone between the foot and the knee. Looks worse in person.
Mankind ain't pefect,it is normal,someone truely grow like that in real world.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:11 AM   #592
Riceboy909
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Her hands killed it for me, both hands are one finger segment too long. Definately different from the promo pictures. This would have been fine if she was Lady Deathstrike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post

Looks damn near to me.
Yea those hands look bad. You should try for a replacement.
Riceboy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #593
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well, well, well, the XM's hoards of pushers and hypers are again bashing Sideshow. GO OVER YOUR THREADS, guys. This statue, although not a perfect one, is MILES BETTER than any of XM's female sculpts and portraits. The statue is excellent (although the pose is a bit too "sexy") and after it sells out, it will easily go up price-wise. Leave Sideshow, alone. There are other sculpts or statues where Sideshow missed such as Killer Croc, Darkseid, turtles and the common mistake was the puny size of them.

This Black Canary PFF is ok, stop bashing Sideshow, we know what you are doing. (VS im not talking about you, pal).
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #594
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Well, well, well, the XM's hoards of pushers and hypers are again bashing Sideshow. GO OVER YOUR THREADS, guys. This statue, although not a perfect one, is MILES BETTER than any of XM's female sculpts and portraits. The statue is excellent (although the pose is a bit too "sexy") and after it sells out, it will easily go up price-wise. Leave Sideshow, alone. There are other sculpts or statues where Sideshow missed such as Killer Croc, Darkseid, turtles and the common mistake was the puny size of them.

This Black Canary PFF is ok, stop bashing Sideshow, we know what you are doing. (VS im not talking about you, pal).
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #595
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think ssc sculpted her legs to enhance her culo which looks great lol.

The hand finger looks fine. If you put your palm and finger, place that over your face and it would cover 75% of your face.

Quote:

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #596
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If someone has a replacement?
The arms are attached how do you get it off.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #597
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Are you kidding me? On a quick glance the hair gap between the two and flattened nose immediately stand out. From head on the alien hand is not so noticeable though.

I seriously thought the hair was not attached ala Wonder Woman. WTH with that gap and elongated 5-head?

Whatever low tier Factory SS still has in their rotation, clearly pumped this out.
Aside from the hand, i think this statue turned out very well, the hair doesnt bother me at all.
Quote:

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Break the body and remove the jacket, whatever it takes just get VS that jacket.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #598
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
You break them. That's why he said if anyone gets a replacement....meaning, if someone gets a damaged body, SSC will usually ask you to break the body to get a replacement. VS wants the jacket off the broken body since SSC won't ask for it back.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #599
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
You know...not intending to derail but I have that Powergirl and I can't get over how the hair on the reg looks like a mop on her head. I display with the exclusive head which I think is better but not by much....what is it with hair....having said that Phoenix looks great...maybe it's just blonde hair...I dunno....
I think you're correct about the blonde hair observation. Darker shades blend better with any gaps or seams between the hair and head but with lighter colors your eye is drawn to the contrast and contributing to the wig-like appearance.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #600
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Accidentally break it
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote