Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-29-2019, 11:47 AM   #321
No1
The Avengers

WTF, 80 pounds!!!!
It can't be all that....

Well, you look at distance and it's amazing, you look close and then it's terrible... the paint on the kids looks so amateur.... even the eyes

And the mud, c'mon, they just splash brown ink over everything, with brush and very aleatory, like Storm Collectables do with the blood line of Mortal Kombat

It's like mud have no texture at all, so thin that it's there only on the painting... and so bad painting, you see the marks of the brush, and worst, they have all the same brown color! They don't even do some variations to look less amateur... looks more like a paint war than mud
No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #322
CoresNZ
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
WTF, 80 pounds!!!!
It can't be all that....

Well, you look at distance and it's amazing, you look close and then it's terrible... the paint on the kids looks so amateur.... even the eyes

And the mud, c'mon, they just splash brown ink over everything, with brush and very aleatory, like Storm Collectables do with the blood line of Mortal Kombat

It's like mud have no texture at all, so thin that it's there only on the painting... and so bad painting, you see the marks of the brush, and worst, they have all the same brown color! They don't even do some variations to look less amateur... looks more like a paint war than mud
It might be 53 total 25 for the Rex and 28 for the base box.. That sounds more like it. I'm used to dealing with kg.

The kids really aren't that bad. I don't think people are realizing how small they actually are. i don't know that many people could paint these better at that scale. On that point, I'm fairly sure the kids are too small in comparison to the car and rex.. They may have done this to make them fit in that tight space under the car.

Yep the mud could be better. It doesn't come across so well on camera, But there are actually two shades layered. The obvious brush marks are the least appealing part. it really should have some thicker texture applied. This should be the easiest part to fix.
CoresNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #323
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Is there any chance you have a picture of the Explorer as a separate piece? And did you manage to get the lights working yet?
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #324
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

For me it's just too much for all the paint flaws and possibly other things potentially being wrong with it, now I just hope that Raptors in the kitchen and welcome to Jurassic Park aren't this poor because they're such great dioramas
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #325
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
For me it's just too much for all the paint flaws and possibly other things potentially being wrong with it, now I just hope that Raptors in the kitchen and welcome to Jurassic Park aren't this poor because they're such great dioramas
I feel like I’m the only one who thinks the “Welcome to Jurassic Park” diorama looks bad. I’m not sure what it is, but the grass is just so cartoony and cake-topper like. I can’t really imagine the final product looking any better too.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #326
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
I feel like I’m the only one who thinks the “Welcome to Jurassic Park” diorama looks bad. I’m not sure what it is, but the grass is just so cartoony and cake-topper like. I can’t really imagine the final product looking any better too.
Yeah I know what you mean and the tree doesn't look so real either! I think all of their products are going to be let downs, I'd feel more confident if these dioramas were coming from P1
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:01 AM   #327
tupuxuara
Frackin!

Hello CoresNZ. It would be a great help if you could tell me for each box (length, width, height, and weight). I am scared that I found out that there are two big boxes, I thought it would be only one box😔. Do you live in the US? How much did the shipping cost to your home? I'm glad you like the diorama. From my point of view the painting on the T-rex is better than the ones from the Chronicle Collectibles, for their T-rex. The real price I think could be somewhere between $ 900-1000 for each set, after analyzing the pictures. However, nostalgia is stronger than anything😁, as someone from here said, this kind of complex diorama we will not see too soon from any company, it is a dream come true🙏. To make such a diorama with so many details, is extremely difficult when you produce several hundred copies. I have not received any notification from CC yet. I hope to receive as they said in November, at the end. 🙏
tupuxuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:28 AM   #328
karauak
Fantastic Four

I think shipping, tax and duty will be high. That is why I ordered in Europe (of course more expensive)
Waiting for the whole diorama, they said it would be in December.
CoresNZ will take more photos because this is my only contact with this product
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #329
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
I don't like either... the dino stand up is weird, I would prefer a normal and more majestic pose, but I think Triceratops and Raptors Dioramas are going to be really good.

Now in december on CCXP, you can bet they will reveal a new Diorama, that was announced last year, Dilophosaurus scene! I'm really excited about it, maybe they do all the scene, with the car, Nedry, the Dino, the dock plaque, etc
No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #330
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I don't like either... the dino stand up is weird, I would prefer a normal and more majestic pose, but I think Triceratops and Raptors Dioramas are going to be really good.

Now in december on CCXP, you can bet they will reveal a new Diorama, that was announced last year, Dilophosaurus scene! I'm really excited about it, maybe they do all the scene, with the car, Nedry, the Dino, the dock plaque, etc
I really hope they do! Instabuy for sure. I wish the gates in 1/10th was possible, but it would be huge!