Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #501
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Maybe it has to do with the K-Bros design.

These mysterious fellows are synonymous with Bowen Designs. I think 85% of their work has been with Bowen Designs. This Galactus does seem like a Bowen-sized piece. Bigger than Sentinels, but smaller than the Sideshow Galactus. Maybe they designed it this size because it's what they are familiar with.

Who the hell knows. What i do know is when this piece was teased we all felt the excitement . . .and as a whole i think the majority of us were let down.
Their XM Hulkbuster is pretty big... Their SS Dr. Strange is only 1-3" shorter than this guy, granted some of that's the base. I think it's SS on this one...probably trying to keep costs down.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #502
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I just want to know one thing, how did OrganicsFearUs remember their password after all that time?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #503
Conehead
Luke Cage

The company sets the size not the sculptors....
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #504
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
The company sets the size not the sculptors....
I'd have to agree. Honestly the size of this piece doesn't bother me at all. My only problem is the Galactus tax they threw on the price. This shouldn't have cost more than Darkseid. For $850 it should have been at least 28, 29". I pulled the trigger anyway because I need a Galactus and I had reward points I had to get rid of. Plus I'm a huge K Bros fan. I love their work.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:16 PM   #505
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Most definitely. Galactus is huge so a larger sized bust of him would be awesome. There's even hope for collectors that want a larger sized Galactus statue as well. Hopefully, XM's Galactus will be up to snuff for all the collectors who think this MAQ is too small.
Has XM announced a intentions for a Galactus?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:27 PM   #506
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'd pin my hopes on Legendary Beasts.

They have experience with producing 30+" pieces, and a Galactus wouldn't be any more complex than the Magneto they recently put up for PO.

If they did a Galactus in a throne pose, yet still came in around 30" tall while seated, he'd out-scale even the first SSC statue.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that happen in the next several years.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #507
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I just want to know one thing, how did OrganicsFearUs remember their password after all that time?
It’s been written on a Post-it on his fridge since 2015, right next to the 45 cents off coupon for Peter Pan Peanut Butter that’s been there just as long.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:42 PM   #508
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post

No they haven't. Juggernaut and Gladiator Hulk can attest to that. SS has no problem pricing above $1,000 if the scale warrants it. This Galactus doesn't even warrant $850 since there are zero swap outs. No way he's worth $150 more than Rogue and Gambit given their swap out portraits and degree of engineering difficulty.

If any of this is coming off as firey, it's just my disappointment showing.
They tried. Thanos sold like hot cakes. Doomsday took a year or two to sell and was on sale at the end if I remember correctly. Juggernaut is still available after year and half. And hulk must have WL recently. Rancor sold out quick, but again the ES was half of the others
Out if the available statues SS has put out n the last gear half only 2 are over $700. Looks like there's 3 more that have sold out. I think all had discounts.

Interesting....

I'm still guessing Galactus ES will be around 3000. I guess we'll find out eventually.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #509
tonytiger
The X-Men

Sorry big miss for me..OG has its own Silver Surfer and nova and they are both in scale... 2 face switch outs and the lights ups..

This feels more like Galactus!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:39 PM   #510
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So, Danny Devito is going to play Galactus in the next Marvel movie?
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote