Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-20-2021, 11:44 AM   #91
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i think the best option for him to come back and produce original characters.

I know the Marvel collectors will be bummed, but ca-mon guys he made what, close to 500 Marvel Licensed statues and busts. Think about that...500 no one has done anything close to that.

i have all the Marvel characters i need, 100 FS something on display in my cave. The statues that I wanted that weren't made i have been converting from his MB and making them into FS. I'm a novice at that game and it's been going amazing well and it's unbelievable rewarding. I'm gong to sculpt my own Bi-Beast because it's never going to be made along with other FS that will never see the light of day...along with others.

I want Bowen Originals. He said that was the ONE thing he hasn't done...and I truly think that's what he should do. He could create a character that turns into the next Silver Warrior or Death Dealer...how cool would that be?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #92
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I think I read somewhere that he threw out the idea of working for someone else, which would allow him to work at his own pace and not have to run a business.
That sounds about right. That's why I doubt he'll be restarting his old business and releasing Marvel statues/busts. The cost of a Marvel license would force him to crank out a ton of statues in order to generate a respectable profit. I remain skeptical of whether he's up for that kind workload at this point in his life. I can see him releasing original characters or trying to secure some other type of license that's cheaper and wouldn't require as much merch to be sold to generate a profit.

I wish Randy nothing but the best. He was smart and worked hard to set himself up in life. He's now in a position to pretty much do whatever he wants and on his terms. That all said, from a selfish standpoint, I'm only interested in buying Marvel statues in 1/7 or 1/6 scale. So, I do hope that he eventually decides to do them again. If not, his legacy will endure, and I wish him success in whatever he chooses to do next.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:28 PM   #93
hoofs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Being well established and the man that started it all I dont think a Marvel license would be out of the question and I dont think he would have to bang out busts and statues. There are so many of us who love both his full size and mini busts and the scale that he produces them in that turning a profit imo would be no problem. These other companies dont do it and their wait times and shipping costs are out of control. I sure if Randy does decide to come back it will be on his terms and his massive fan base wont let him down. I for one dont want 1/4 1/3 1/2 scale statues I love the mix of mini busts and full size (150 mini 95 full ) and their 1/8 scale is perfect for displaying. Until the end MAKE MINE BOWEN
hoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #94
hoofs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Come on Randy give us a sign
hoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #95
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It would be nice to know either way if he will return to producing Marvel characters or taking his talents elsewhere.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:13 PM   #96
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It would be nice to know either way if he will return to producing Marvel characters or taking his talents elsewhere.
I’d bet the farm he ain’t coming back, at least not to the Marvel Universe.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:24 PM   #97
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I’d bet the farm he ain’t coming back, at least not to the Marvel Universe.
Been saying that since he left. It just ain't worth the headache for him.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:16 PM   #98
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I hate to say it but I think the prior two posters are correct
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:33 PM   #99
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It sure seems that way. I mean, we're in the ending of April now.
Something here or on FB would be nice.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:25 AM   #100
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That announcement never happened...I'm thinking it's a wrap for a big Bowen Marvel comeback. I'll think that until I see otherwise...better than keeping hopes up. Bright side is the plethora of pieces BD put out while they were in business. Still keeping me busy.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote