Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-02-2021, 01:53 AM   #231
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
if i had to guess i'd say it's people wanting to remember her as she was and not what Marvel has turned poor Carol into
Its a Disney thing...if disney bought out the Dejah Thoris license then.....yep....get them while you still can
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:48 AM   #232
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
if i had to guess i'd say it's people wanting to remember her as she was and not what Marvel has turned poor Carol into.
S**t dawg! did a quick lookup for an update...yep...she changed so much in a really short time with Disney....wow! I guess we will have to see if SSC or others like XM will make a 1/4 or 1/3 scale of the Revolutionary 2022 Ms Marvel you never know

Went from this......

to this....

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:13 AM   #233
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
S**t dawg! did a quick lookup for an update...yep...she changed so much in a really short time with Disney....wow! I guess we will have to see if SSC or others like XM will make a 1/4 or 1/3 scale of the Revolutionary 2022 Ms Marvel you never know

Went from this......

to this....
Carol Danvers has changed a lot indeed, but those are two different characters you're posting pics of.

Ms. Marvel is now Kamala Khan. Danvers goes by the name of Captain Marvel now, as reflected in the movies.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:34 AM   #234
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Carol Danvers has changed a lot indeed, but those are two different characters you're posting pics of.

Ms. Marvel is now Kamala Khan. Danvers goes by the name of Captain Marvel now, as reflected in the movies.
Have you seen some the art from Carol's book nowadays? She looks hideous. Far from the bombshell she was from her Warbird days.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #235
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am reading her current run and I do have to say I have enjoyed it quite a bit and the work has been good and I know that a new artist is taking over soon. I do have to agree with some of her prior runs over the past 10 years the yard has been in my opinion rather lackluster and she doesn’t really have the bombshell look that she used to but I am still not a fan of the current costume she’s wearing.

I do have the Bowen Ms. Marvel action pose with the Dave Cockrum costume where she is taking flight and I love that statue. That was actually the second full-size Randy Bowen statue I purchased

I do agree some of the Bowen statues are just being priced astronomically high. Over the past year and a half I have sold some of mine but regret selling a few of them. I realized my avengers display was looking rather sparse so for a few of the characters I am just actually purchasing the mini bust instead of the statue. I just got the Black Knight mini bust which I do think is actually much better than the statue and also the statue was actually priced at like $400 almost but I guess that is in anticipation of him being in the upcoming Eternal‘s movie
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:36 AM   #236
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
collectibles across the board, the MCU and such bringing light to more comic people has been bad enough for good deals, but toss in a bunch of people with little to do but surf the web and in many cases a lot of expendable free money and it's a recipe for price hikes.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #237
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
For that reason I think we'll see an adjustment if we ever get out of this. I wouldn't count on it being much of an adjustment, though...at least in comics/statues/figures. ...maybe trading cards.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:05 PM   #238
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Well I love the older Ms. Marvel looks, though am admittedly not up to speed on all the stories. Need to dig into some back stuff, I guess. I'm getting back into something I was into many years ago, and even then, quite casually!

I'll be keeping my eye out for reasonably priced merch for Carol Danvers, that's for sure.

I actually read through the first few issues of that new Ms. Marvel (Kamala Kahn) and found it somewhat enjoyable. Though, above, are those real? That thick, preachy, political stuff is the quickest way to completely ruin something for me. Whether it's something I agree with or not, it's not what I want in my entertainment AT ALL.

In fact, I could use some comic recommendations that specifically *don't* do this... might have to take to a comic forum to get some from the experts!
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #239
MrYac
Hercules

Carol isn't what she used to be, that's for sure

and sadly ham-fisted political nonsense has become the rule and not the exception. which goes back to my original point on why people tend to gravitate back to classic representations such as Bowen pieces.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #240
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Carol isn't what she used to be, that's for sure

and sadly ham-fisted political nonsense has become the rule and not the exception. which goes back to my original point on why people tend to gravitate back to classic representations such as Bowen pieces.
As someone getting back into the comic part of this world, it seems you're right.
Stories of the past had social and political issues woven into the story in much better ways. Today, it's been kind of hard to find something modern that isn't overtly preachy, and it's incredibly jarring. Whether you agree with whatever issue they're pushing, or not--in either case, it's just... bad. Not enjoyable at all.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote