Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #21
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Congrats on Nightcrawler! A friendly reminder never move him around while attached to the base.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:03 PM   #22
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Congrats on Nightcrawler! A friendly reminder never move him around while attached to the base.
Thanks! I read the warning earlier in the thread so I'll definitely be careful with it. Damn tracking info changed on me again. Looks like this'll be showing up tomorrow.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:27 PM   #23
FJC
Midnighter

LOL! Now delayed until Wednesday. Shipping sucks around the holidays.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #24
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You'd think he'd just Bamf! to you. Lazy bastard.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #25
FJC
Midnighter

So, Nightcrawler finally arrived today. It made it in one piece and looks minty fresh. This was the final piece I needed to complete my Bowen X-MEN lineup. Glad to have my 6 favorite X-MEN all displayed together. Even though I've passed on this piece for a number of years (hoping Bowen would release another Crawler statue), I do think it's a solid looking statue. The paint apps and sculpt look good.

I'm now down to 3 statues to complete my entire Bowen collection. Scarlet Witch should be simple enough to score. I'd like to get the last variant with the big cape or the original version with the shorter cape. Tim Miller did a great job on Wanda. My last 2 statues won't be so easy to get. I desperately need a Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. My biggest issue is I don't like any of the offerings Bowen released with those characters. I need to complete my FF lineup but there's no Reed and Sue in Bowen scale that I like enough to buy.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:34 PM   #26
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am glad that nightcrawler finally bamf’d his way into your collection

I did own that statue before and it is a great statue and it does take up a lot of room because I think his teleportation smoke is as big as the actual statue itself

I do have the original scarlet witch statue that Eric Sosa sculpted and I really like it a lot. I thought the two later ones that they released were OK but they made her look like she was 14
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #27
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am glad that nightcrawler finally bamf’d his way into your collection

I did own that statue before and it is a great statue and it does take up a lot of room because I think his teleportation smoke is as big as the actual statue itself

I do have the original scarlet witch statue that Eric Sosa sculpted and I really like it a lot. I thought the two later ones that they released were OK but they made her look like she was 14
Thanks! Yeah, the bamf smoke is a bit of a space hog. I got it to work in my display case. He's on a shelf with the museum chrome Colossus and museum Storm. It's a bit of a tight squeeze but they fit.

As for Wanda, I do like the Sosa sculpt but I'm not a fan of the paint apps on her. I like the Tim Miller Scarlet Witch. I think the pose and paint apps look great on that piece. I do agree that she does look a bit on the youthful side. However, I do like the piece overall. Either way, I have plenty of choices for Wanda. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Reed and Sue.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:40 PM   #28
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well I owned the Bowen Reed and Sue statues. Reed is not bad but I had the clear Sue statue since the other one I thought she looked to petrified. The clear one is was actually kind of cool.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:20 AM   #29
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats...I don't have any FF4 yet, but I've been eyeing the old SS dio...if I can find it for a decent price. I think it's in a similar scale. Bit of a compact piece, but I like it. An option in case you weren't aware.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #30
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Well I owned the Bowen Reed and Sue statues. Reed is not bad but I had the clear Sue statue since the other one I thought she looked to petrified. The clear one is was actually kind of cool.
The first set of Reed and Sue statues has a heavy Kirby influence. I know what a LEGEND Kirby is and how important he is to the Marvel universe but I'm not really a fan of his art. The second set of statues (from the 3 pack) looks like early 70's FF art to me. Reed looks ok with the Ultimate Nullifier but Sue looks kinda plump and her hair is so dated. I may have to go the custom route to get a more modern looking Reed and Sue to finish off my Bowen FF lineup. I keep hoping Kotobukiya releases them in their 1/6 line but that's highly unlikely.