Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 11-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #11
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Are you referring to the Xceed/F4 Goku/Majin Vegeta? I purchased that one too lol. I also just PO’d the SSJ2 Gohan 1/4 from Yoyo Studio. It’s obviously a no-name studio but it throws in a SSJ1 variation, different capes and has 1/6 busts as well for probably $600 shipped to the US. The value gap is just enormous between those offerings and the Tsume/Prime 1s. And in the end, this is a small industry that’s completely concentrated in China so everyone’s using the same techniques regardless of licenses or markups.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #12
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Are you referring to the Xceed/F4 Goku/Majin Vegeta? I purchased that one too lol. I also just PO’d the SSJ2 Gohan 1/4 from Yoyo Studio. It’s obviously a no-name studio but it throws in a SSJ1 variation, different capes and has 1/6 busts as well for probably $600 shipped to the US. The value gap is just enormous between those offerings and the Tsume/Prime 1s. And in the end, this is a small industry that’s completely concentrated in China so everyone’s using the same techniques regardless of licenses or markups.
Yeah the F4/Xceed one. I was fully intending to get the Prime 1 Goku but $2000 was just too much for him and then the F4 one popped up and i was like ---- it i'll get it.

I've had plenty of Xceed pieces before so i knew it'd be good and it's fantastic in hand!

Shipping and prices are just getting so out of hand, it's all just pushing people to cheaper options and it's not like the cheaper options are cheap anymore i have the F4 piece surrounded by 9 Prime pieces and it sits among them perfectly.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #13
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

But apparently Tsume only have 1000 Goku & Vegeta pieces left so what do i know...

Although i have heard from other statue producers that Tsumes numbers are never what they seem when ti comes to selling so fast...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #14
The World
Justice League

Pretty meh in all honesty, Tsume hasn't improved.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #15
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

PASS on both. This says its releasing 2022 but make sure to tack on an extra year cause its Tsume.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:56 AM   #16
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well I might be the only one but I LOVE these!
I'm a sucker for diorama and light up and these ace both! To me it's the quintessential representation of DBZ, if you only need one (well two).
The price is a bit high yes but they had a covid voucher and it was 1200EUR for both (without shipping). Now P1 has a 1:4 for 2K, their Nier diorama is 3K, the 1:6 LotR Balrog diorama is $1600 and so on....
So I mean yes it's pricey but that's the industry we're in now sadly. And I think it's perfect otherwise.

Every Tsume statue I've had in recent years was executed perfectly, in the best packaging of the industry (imho). So I don't really get the hate they receive.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:58 AM   #17
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
...So I mean yes it's pricey but that's the industry we're in now sadly. And I think it's perfect otherwise.

Every Tsume statue I've had in recent years was executed perfectly, in the best packaging of the industry (imho). So I don't really get the hate they receive.
I mean let's take Goku for instance. That's 700 euros (830 usd) for a 1/6 piece. Meanwhile, Ryu Studio has a 1/6 scale Kid Buu vs. SSJ3 Goku up for pre-order for 640 euros (760 usd). See what I mean? That's two 1/6 figures for less, with sculpts that are on par (even slighty better IMO) with Tsume. Something just doesn't add up.

I agree that some of the P1 prices are nuts, for example their DBZ pieces, but they're still selling 1/5 scale Batman pieces for 400 usd. And yeah, the Nier dio is 3k usd but that's 3 x 1/4 pieces with switchable heads and torsos etc. for about the same price as three of these 1/6 Vegetas. I mean c'mon, this Vegeta is around the same price as their 1/3 Guts!

I don't know how someone can justify spending that much for this, but then again they sold 1000 pcs in a day (at least they claim so) so hey, I quess plenty of people can.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:57 PM   #18
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Is Ryu Studio licensed? and Also does it have light-up and sound? Those feature, while I understand not everyone cares for them, will add to the price.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #19
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ryu is licensed. It's sold on BBTS. If it was unlicensed, you would be looking at $400-$500 for 1/4 scale, potentially multiple characters. Granted shipping is usually another $100-200 depending on where you are. It goes without saying high licensing fees for specific IPs are probably the bulk of the incremental non-materials/labor costs. It's even obvious from Prime 1 pricing. The standard Kenshiro from Hokuto No Ken was only $600 at 27 inches whereas just about any other 1/4 they sell at that size would be easily be over $1K. Hokuto is probably a fairly cheap license these days with limited mainstream appeal.

And speaking of Hokuto, I disagree with saying Tsume always does perfect work. Their Hokuto Rei was downgraded from the initial sculpt.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #20
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Is Ryu Studio licensed? and Also does it have light-up and sound? Those feature, while I understand not everyone cares for them, will add to the price.
Licensed yes, no extra features that I'm aware of.

I've personally never undersrood sound-effects on statues. Well made light-up can be cool, but again not something that I look for in statues (and would pay extra only in rare cases).
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote