Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-28-2024, 07:56 AM   #21
risingstar
Jedi Order

I may be wrong but I cannot think of a time when comic collectors, and potential news ones, would be less interested in these massive and likely pointless and unrewarding 50+ issue storylines. I don't know how many times this has been mentioned but Marvel needs to go back to 1-2 issue less-convoluted storylines which allow new and older readers to pop back in without feeling completely lost.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:15 AM   #22
The Dark Knight
A.I.M.

I think the biggest reason for those big 50+ issues events now are so that they can print an omnibus of the event later on. Omnibuses sell really well, as far as i know. I am an omnibus only guy for example unless it is a mini series or something and i grab an absolute edition here and there.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:37 PM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

4 issues into this 5 issue series and I’m barely engaged. The Avengers tie-in with Cap’s new team is more interesting, though the art is sloppy at best. I’ll read through the 5th issue finale before making a final judgment but, as of now, it’s not worth what I’ve spent to purchase these 4 issues.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 10:45 PM   #24
KELPIE
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I think the biggest reason for those big 50+ issues events now are so that they can print an omnibus of the event later on. Omnibuses sell really well, as far as i know. I am an omnibus only guy for example unless it is a mini series or something and i grab an absolute edition here and there.
How many issues make up an Omnibus though? Their page counts seem to be all over the shop lately.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 11:01 PM   #25
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
How many issues make up an Omnibus though? Their page counts seem to be all over the shop lately.
You?re right, they are all over the map. Depends on what?s collected. For example, the first Amazing Spider-Man omnibus collected all of Steve Ditko?s run, so it was about 1,070 pages. Volume 2 was 960 pages. Volume 3 was about 860 pages. In general, but not always, omnibuses collect 30 comic book issues worth of content. Of course, some collect more, and some collect less, depending on what?s being collected.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 11:34 PM   #26
Mister H
Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You?re right, they are all over the map. Depends on what?s collected. For example, the first Amazing Spider-Man omnibus collected all of Steve Ditko?s run, so it was about 1,070 pages. Volume 2 was 960 pages. Volume 3 was about 860 pages. In general, but not always, omnibuses collect 30 comic book issues worth of content. Of course, some collect more, and some collect less, depending on what?s being collected.
Yep, I bought the 2nd Brubaker Daredevil omni not too long ago and it is anorexic. So is the Secret Wars omni. Too bad about the Marvel vs vampires book. The new Conan book from Titan Comics is good. Old school good. Geiger from Image Comics isn't bad either.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 12:30 AM   #27
The Dark Knight
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
As Wktf said, an omnibus volume usually contains at least 30 issues of comics, but there are thiner ones as well. I should probably have said Marvel try to make thick omnibuses out of their events, that is why they make 50 + issues long events.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 11:43 PM   #28
KELPIE
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
As Wktf said, an omnibus volume usually contains at least 30 issues of comics, but there are thiner ones as well. I should probably have said Marvel try to make thick omnibuses out of their events, that is why they make 50 + issues long events.
Thanks guys. I collect enough stuff so I'm trying to stay clear of Omnibuses, I'm sure one day it'll happen but at this stage, all I have is King in Black. I'll Probably pick up the X-Men Katoa stuff if they do one.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote