Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #11
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

For me, this would be all good and no bad. Any perceived negatives I would gladly trade for the positives.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #12
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
For me, this would be all good and no bad. Any perceived negatives I would gladly trade for the positives.
Ditto.

All I care about is the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer going back to Marvel. X-Men is icing on the cake.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Ditto.

All I care about is the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer going back to Marvel. X-Men is icing on the cake.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

For my own selfish merry mutant loving reasons, I hope this happens. Can you imagine X-Men movies made by mouse house?! I would cry with joy.

As for Disney not making R movies, I think owning FOX might be a way for Disney to get around that. When you buy Marvel you think happy, shiny comic characters. Nice MCU people. FOX has always been grittier and I think that Disney is smart enough to know that there is a giant cash flow tied into Alien, Deadpool, etc. Not every movie has to be comic related

What concerns me more than anything is the SMALL screen that Disney would stand to possible own. I love a lot of Fox/FX/FXX shows. Those are usually the darker shows. I don't want Disney touching them at all. Could you imagine FARGO watered down?! Always Sunny not being so crass and hysterical?! Let alone what Disney could do if they owned sports show rights. When Disney bought ABC, then grew their tendrils into ESPN - they killed it.

So if this deal goes through, I want Disney to just own MOVIE rights.

Overall, what I think is happening is that Disney is looking to buy more properties so that when they spin off their own stand-alone subscribed service it won't be filled with cartoons and MCU. They want adults in there too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh Joe Mad...
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #16
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I believe if the deal goes through it's not for all of Fox. They wouldn't buy Fox television so all of the shows and tv channels would stay with Fox.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
For my own selfish merry mutant loving reasons, I hope this happens. Can you imagine X-Men movies made by mouse house?! I would cry with joy.

As for Disney not making R movies, I think owning FOX might be a way for Disney to get around that. When you buy Marvel you think happy, shiny comic characters. Nice MCU people. FOX has always been grittier and I think that Disney is smart enough to know that there is a giant cash flow tied into Alien, Deadpool, etc. Not every movie has to be comic related

What concerns me more than anything is the SMALL screen that Disney would stand to possible own. I love a lot of Fox/FX/FXX shows. Those are usually the darker shows. I don't want Disney touching them at all. Could you imagine FARGO watered down?! Always Sunny not being so crass and hysterical?! Let alone what Disney could do if they owned sports show rights. When Disney bought ABC, then grew their tendrils into ESPN - they killed it.

So if this deal goes through, I want Disney to just own MOVIE rights.

Overall, what I think is happening is that Disney is looking to buy more properties so that when they spin off their own stand-alone subscribed service it won't be filled with cartoons and MCU. They want adults in there too.
From what I read the deal would only be for the film and television studios. Fox would keep all the networks and local affiliates all the sports stuff and the news.

Disney only wants the licenses and studios. Which pretty much is what I figured they were after.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #18
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh Joe Mad...
Can you imagine Marvel studios going back to SWS for Doom armor that looks like that....of how fantastic
Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #19
Y3E
Gen 13

Y3E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #20
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

A few years old, but still applies to this conversation. While Disney doesn't release R rated movies under the Disney label, they own or have owned other motion picture companies that have released plenty of R rated movies.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...ased-by-Disney
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote