Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #631
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I had to have my Green Arrow replaced and the replacement came about two weeks ago. There were some SNUG fits on the new one and many of the arrows were difficult to get into the base. I am getting a new left arm for the replacement statue because the magnet on the current one is incredibly weak. I have the dock post opened up, but that seems to put some pressure on the hinges. Regardless, that's how I want it displayed (with the boxing glove inside). The weight of the statue coupled with how it fits over the waves makes the hinges on the doors a little sketchy. The engineering of the statue might have been done better, but it LOOKS amazing. I love the statue and it's absolutely beautiful.

One weird thing though: The statue is numbered ONE. They added "UM" to the end of the serial number in marker and the statues is number one. It must be 'one' in a replacement line that they created? I know that it takes the place of the one I sent back (which had parts of the base actually broken, so that one will likely get scrapped), so it's not as if it increases the SIZE of the overall line, but it's odd that it's numbered one.

I guess I'm wondering if there are multiple number ones now?
can we get a pic of the base ?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #632
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I had to have my Green Arrow replaced and the replacement came about two weeks ago. There were some SNUG fits on the new one and many of the arrows were difficult to get into the base. I am getting a new left arm for the replacement statue because the magnet on the current one is incredibly weak. I have the dock post opened up, but that seems to put some pressure on the hinges. Regardless, that's how I want it displayed (with the boxing glove inside). The weight of the statue coupled with how it fits over the waves makes the hinges on the doors a little sketchy. The engineering of the statue might have been done better, but it LOOKS amazing. I love the statue and it's absolutely beautiful.

One weird thing though: The statue is numbered ONE. They added "UM" to the end of the serial number in marker and the statues is number one. It must be 'one' in a replacement line that they created? I know that it takes the place of the one I sent back (which had parts of the base actually broken, so that one will likely get scrapped), so it's not as if it increases the SIZE of the overall line, but it's odd that it's numbered one.

I guess I'm wondering if there are multiple number ones now?
Replacements do not have a separate line of numbers. And the numbers are assigned at random. You may literally have #1. The only #1. Not sure what UM is about though. Ask SS, I'd be curious.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #633
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
can we get a pic of the base ?
I would, but I don't really want to take him apart to see the bottom of it (especially considering what a pain he is to move around and disassemble).
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #634
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

For those that have the statue....on the post where the arrows go, does the top half/arrow holder that is coming out of the post stand up straight or does it lean slightly to the right? Mine leans to the right a bit and not sure if that is correct or not.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #635
slow17motion
The Spirit

I think mine is a little bit off, too--but not enough to have any real effect on the placement of the arrows.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #636
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Well looks like the exclusive is officially "Sold Out" now. I guess there's no way for a wait-list to convert now? Not sure how this works but I heard that someone just recently got their Thanos on throne converted? So I'm a bit confused as to what some of Sideshows terms mean I guess. Sold out means waitlist is full or all pieces have been sold (which I think would make more sense)?
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #637
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
Well looks like the exclusive is officially "Sold Out" now. I guess there's no way for a wait-list to convert now? Not sure how this works but I heard that someone just recently got their Thanos on throne converted? So I'm a bit confused as to what some of Sideshows terms mean I guess. Sold out means waitlist is full or all pieces have been sold (which I think would make more sense)?
Thanos on Throne still shows as "waitlist full", so it's possible that anyone currently on the list could covert.

Green Arrow shows as "sold out", so the waitlist (if there was one) is no longer active.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #638
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Thanos on Throne still shows as "waitlist full", so it's possible that anyone currently on the list could covert.

Green Arrow shows as "sold out", so the waitlist (if there was one) is no longer active.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #639
chronos1919
Nightwing

Regular shows as "almost sold out."

Just ordered one. I missed out on the EX but it still seems like a great statue even without the alternate head sculpt.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #640
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
it still seems like a great statue even without the alternate head sculpt.
No doubt about it. Congrats!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote