Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-28-2005, 06:36 AM   #1
Mugsy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Herculoids from Toynami

I had to buy 2 sets of the Herculoids. If these toys had come out in the 60's no one would have left the house.

Hopefully they'll do all the Hanna Barbera action shows like Space Ghost Classic, Galaxy Trio, and of course Jonny Quest with Jezebel Jade

This toy set isn't just a toy set. It's a display piece and furniture!

I'm building a terrarium with the Herculoids as the display piece. So far it's gonna kick big A. It's gonna be big though, like 10ft high by 15ft wide and 4ft deep. It's for pet 'Sugar Gliders' I'll be getting.

If you don't know what a Sugar Glider is it's a mini-mini flying squirrel.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy
I had to buy 2 sets of the Herculoids. If these toys had come out in the 60's no one would have left the house.

Hopefully they'll do all the Hanna Barbera action shows like Space Ghost Classic, Galaxy Trio, and of course Jonny Quest with Jezebel Jade

This toy set isn't just a toy set. It's a display piece and furniture!

I'm building a terrarium with the Herculoids as the display piece. So far it's gonna kick big A. It's gonna be big though, like 10ft high by 15ft wide and 4ft deep. It's for pet 'Sugar Gliders' I'll be getting.

If you don't know what a Sugar Glider is it's a mini-mini flying squirrel.

These are some of the best toys ever made, in my opinion. The reason they are, is because the president of Toynami loves these characters, and the time and effort was put in to make them a perfect translation from 2-D animation, to 3-D plastic coolness! I have corresponded by email with Toynami, and their president, Mr. George Sohn, many times during the time they had the HB heroes license. They had the license for Birdman & The Galaxy Trio, Herculoids, Thundarr the Barbarian, and Blue Falcon & Dynomutt. Out of these characters, they made maquette/statues of Birdman, Blue Falcon, and Dynomutt. They also made action figures of The Herculoids, Birdman, Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, and Thundarr the Barbarian. Then the last product they made was little lego type figures called I-Men of The Galaxy Trio, Thundarr, Birdman, and Blue Falcon & Dynomutt. I tried to talk them into making maquette/statues of Galaxy Trio and Herculoids, and also into doing action figures of Galaxy Trio, (my personal favorites, see avatar!...with Herculoids a close second.) Anyway, they told me that they were planning to do them, but I just had a nagging hunch, that they were never going to get to them. Well, my hunch proved to be right, because when it came time to renew the licenses, WB had raised them up so high, that Toynami decided not to renew them. I talked to Mr. Sohn again, and he told me that he considered very hard, paying the high renewal price, just because he had wanted to make these characters into toy and statue form since he was a kid. But, he just couldn't justify the amount of the increase, and so Toynami didn't renew. I was pretty upset, and it still ticks me off that WB can't see that no one will do anything with these licenses if they make them so high. It just seems pretty dumb to me. Well, to make a short story long, there you have it. No, Toynami will not be making anymore of the classic HB superheroes toys or statues, and it's a crying shame. They were doing an amazing job with them, and I'm afraid if someone else ever does do them, they won;t be the quality products that Toynami was putting out.....so, drop Warner Bros. a line, and let them know how much they need to re-evaluate thier licensing fees for these characters!........
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Mugsy

Yo Meteor Man! Yes I spoke to Mr. Sohn too. He told me the same thing. That's a danged shame that WB cut their own throats with the licensing fee. Whoever runs their decision making on that should get fired. I think WB saw how cool the Toynami toys and reaction were that they figured they could move it on to an in house thing or some exec figured he could make toys himself.

There's no freakin' way they could do as good a job as Toynami has. Their Herculoids line is THE BEST toy set I've seen in decades. A real tribute to the original creators of Herculoids and the fans. If more companies devoted the time and effort to achieve such a high end of quality as Toynami has they would never run out of business.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy
Yo Meteor Man! Yes I spoke to Mr. Sohn too. He told me the same thing. That's a danged shame that WB cut their own throats with the licensing fee. Whoever runs their decision making on that should get fired. I think WB saw how cool the Toynami toys and reaction were that they figured they could move it on to an in house thing or some exec figured he could make toys himself.

There's no freakin' way they could do as good a job as Toynami has. Their Herculoids line is THE BEST toy set I've seen in decades. A real tribute to the original creators of Herculoids and the fans. If more companies devoted the time and effort to achieve such a high end of quality as Toynami has they would never run out of business.

Yeah, I agree.....but, unfortunately the people who made this bone headed decision to raise the licensing fees, "won't" be fired, and Toynami won't be getting these licenses again, I'm afraid....... It just stinks all the way around................
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

great set
i have these along with the birdman statue and the thundar set
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Mugsy

This is why fans leave a company. Not Toynami because they've proven themselves to be the best of the best, I'm talking WB for being such pains. I'll bet you WB just played Toynami for a sap to see if the toys would be popular enough for WB to figure they could do it on their own and find some hack company in bumchuck China or Indonesia or some place. They don't realize love and admiration and quality are what made Toynami so huge and beloved.