Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking007 View Post
I don't usually hold artists to deadlines. I think on average, I wait about a year. I don't really care as long as I know they deliver. But I only get 2 or 3 commissions a year now.
I probably go 6 months to a year before inquiring re status. Once I don't get a response to that, it becomes quarterly or monthly.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'm much more careful/picky than I used to be in regards to who I commission pieces from these days. Back when I first got into commissions (I got a lot of them back then, probably 125-150 or so 1 year), I'd win a bunch off eBay, and commission a lot of artists I hdn't heard about (had no word of mouth on how well they stuck to schedules, etc.) Unfortunately, that lead to me being ripped off quite a bit. At one point, I was owed about $1800 in commissions (and at the time $100-150 was the max I would spend, so that was around 25 pieces). It was causing me a lot of anxiety. Eventually, I just decided to write off a bunch of those pieces that I really had no hope in ever getting. Sucked to be out that money, but I felt much better not worrying about it anymore after that. The longest I've waited for a commission that I have actually received is 7-7.5 years. I did get into contact with one artist I was owed a commission from for about 7 years in the past year, and thought I might actually see that piece, but over the course of the past year (after doing a prelim), he's just given more excuses and it hasn't amounted to anything.

Anyway, on to the actual question. Once the deadline for the commission is up, I'll contact the artist every few months or so to stay in touch, unless he/she doesn't respond, then I'll e-mail once a month until they do.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote