Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

I only say something if I really like a piece - or am impressed with the history of a piece
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcusprime View Post
I try and comment on everything I like. Especially if it's a favorite artist. But it could be anything really. Rarely a OA page, usually a commission or pin-up. I do like leap-frogging off other commentor's pages and seeing their art. Find some wonderful stuff that way.
I enjoy going this route, as well.

If I really like a piece, or if I feel a piece is undeservedly "comment-free", I'll leave a comment.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

I only comment when it's a piece that sold and the customer was satisifed with it. That way, it giuves others a way back to my gallery to see if they would like to purchase something by that artist themselves.

Also, when I play the comments & views game here, because that's the rules of the game.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #14
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I comment on the art that I like and pieces that I think are cool. I try to leave a comment for someone that commented on one of my pieces, although I'm hit and miss with doing this due to timing.

I'm not sure I understand the dynamic of CAF and how pieces get views and comments. I have some art that I think is pretty damn good (maybe not cover or splash page level, but stlll good) that is seriously underviewed or under commented. Exhibit A is my James O'Barr page from The Crow. 7 comments which is good, but only 178 views? On the other end of the spectrum I have a Chrissie Zullo Emma Frost/Madelyn Pryor piece that has righn under 1900 views but only 3 comments? And my Dick Dillin JLA page with 60 views, not to mention my Cockrum Uncanny X-Men page with 162 views (although that has 6 comments). Yet you see the most viewed art of the week, or most commented and and there's stuff that's getting 115 or 19 comments in a week, not to mention some of the pages getting thousands of views.

I don't really care too much as I'm happy with my art, and I don't collect art as a popularity contest, but it stlll perplexes me. What makes one page comment worthy and not another?

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #15
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I will only comment on art here if I really like it. I have adopted the "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" attitude. Seems to be working, I haven't been banned in ages.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #16
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
I don't really care too much as I'm happy with my art, and I don't collect art as a popularity contest, but it stlll perplexes me. What makes one page comment worthy and not another?

Don
Historical significance, perceived investment value, or big boobies. Take your pick.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the dynamic of CAF and how pieces get views and comments. I have some art that I think is pretty damn good (maybe not cover or splash page level, but stlll good) that is seriously underviewed or under commented.
Hmmmm... why don't we start a thread for that. Post our most underviewed/under comment piece we think we have on own CAF and tell why we think it deseves more attention. Of course, others are not required to view it or comment. That will be left up to the indivdual.

If nothing else, I'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff, that we might have missed the first time around, as well as get some interesting insights into what others thinks make for a great piece of art.

Maybe I'll start just such a thread.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #18
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeley Man View Post
Hmmmm... why don't we start a thread for that. Post our most underviewed/under comment piece we think we have on own CAF and tell why we think it deseves more attention. Of course, others are not required to view it or comment. That will be left up to the indivdual.

If nothing else, I'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff, that we might have missed the first time around, as well as get some interesting insights into what others thinks make for a great piece of art.

Maybe I'll start just such a thread.
I'd be interested in this. I think CAF has an interesting dynamic for views and comments but it doesnt' seem to make a lot of sense. There is something to the comment on historical significance, investment value, and big boobs, but there's another variable that is missing to this equation.

In regards to comments, people keep saying that they leave comments on art that they really like. Maybe that brings forth the question if they're more reserved with leaving comments or is there just a lot of art that they don't like? It's an interesting concept to me. How many comments do people tend to leave on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Does this factor in it?

So yes, let's bring on a new thread and some art and discussion on comments and views in regards to it.

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #19
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
I'd be interested in this. I think CAF has an interesting dynamic for views and comments but it doesnt' seem to make a lot of sense. There is something to the comment on historical significance, investment value, and big boobs, but there's another variable that is missing to this equation.

In regards to comments, people keep saying that they leave comments on art that they really like. Maybe that brings forth the question if they're more reserved with leaving comments or is there just a lot of art that they don't like? It's an interesting concept to me. How many comments do people tend to leave on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Does this factor in it?

So yes, let's bring on a new thread and some art and discussion on comments and views in regards to it.

Don
Post a link to your CAF!
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #20
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If I like the piece or its something I know a collectors been after...
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote