Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-10-2016, 12:39 AM   #111
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

After seeing clearer pics and videos, I definitely like Carnage better than Venom. Better pose, better base, better paint. Most likely will get it.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:03 AM   #112
Parallax
Nightwing

Carnage is a very impressive statue in person. The pictures don't pick up the amount of detail in the muscle texturing, it's truly amazing. The detail on the base is stunning. The engineering student in me got super excited at the level of detail in crushed concrete, i-beams, and rebar. The paint was phenomenal. Sideshow has two breathtaking pieces on their hands with Venom and Carnage. It's a shame they're getting such a negative response because in person I can honestly say they're two of the nicest statues I've ever seen.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #113
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Carnage is a very impressive statue in person. The pictures don't pick up the amount of detail in the muscle texturing, it's truly amazing. The detail on the base is stunning. The engineering student in me got super excited at the level of detail in crushed concrete, i-beams, and rebar. The paint was phenomenal. Sideshow has two breathtaking pieces on their hands with Venom and Carnage. It's a shame they're getting such a negative response because in person I can honestly say they're two of the nicest statues I've ever seen.
I've rarely seen a statue that doesn't look significantly better in person and from the sound of things these two are no exception. For those who missed out on the original Venom and Carnage or didn't particularly care for them, these are an excellent option.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #114
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikman42 View Post
that's a sad little hatchet looks like something that comes with an action figure
Agreed. It's too rigid. It should look more fluid like it is still being formed from the character.

The previous SS carnage did this well.

What are y'all's thoughts of these two compared with the previous installments? The ebay pricing on the previous venom makes the choice easy to pick up this new one, but the ebay pricing on the previous carnage still allows for a choice between the two . . . based on what I think the SS price will be on this new one of course.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #115
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
Agreed. It's too rigid. It should look more fluid like it is still being formed from the character.

What are y'all's thoughts of these two compared with the previous installments? The ebay pricing on the previous venom makes the choice easy to pick up this new one, but the ebay pricing on the previous carnage still allows for a choice between the two . . . based on what I think the SS price will be on this new one of course.
I owned the excl. versions of both original comiquettes for many years and I have to say from what I've seen of these two so far, I prefer them to the originals. I was never a big fan of the poses of the originals and I thought the exclusive art prints were garbage. I also didn't care for the muscular build on Carnage. The slimmer build and musculature of the new Carnage looks like it was based on Mark Bagley's interpretation of the character, and I couldn't be more pleased about that.

As for Carnage's axe hand, I did do a Google search and it is an accurate representation. It may not be your preference, but at least it isn't something that SS just dreamed up.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #116
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post

I disagree. I think the new Carnage looks absolutely fantastic. Was never a fan of the previous comiquette. Don't like the one leg bent back pose and didn't care for the head much at all. I think the black goo of the Symbiote is FAR more dynamic on the new PF while its almost non existant on the comiquette. I think Kotobukia made a nice version with thier fine art statue of Carnage, but I definitely prefer the new PF over all of the previous versions I have seen. Its a definite purchase for me! And I think the axe looks just fine.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #117
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I keep coming back to this piece. I really think it looks exceptional.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #118
Parallax
Nightwing

I hope they give Venom and Carnage small edition sizes to match the extreme negativity they're getting. I was absolutely blown away by the both of them in person and I can guarantee that people will change their minds if or when they see them in person. Once in hand reviews come out there are going to be a lot of people who are sorry they decided to pass on two amazing statues. I was one of the people that didn't like them very much when the pictures first came out. I haven't seen a statue with Caranage's level of detail come out of Sideshow in a long time. It's one of the most realistic looking bases I've ever seen. The red part of his body is just pure muscle texture and from the angles I could see the anatomy is perfect.

To Igo and anyone else from Sideshow who reads this, you guys should be incredibly proud of these symbiote PFs. I truly mean that. I take back every bad thing I said about them. In person these statues are nothing short of impressive. I give massive props to the sculptors, painters, and everyone involved with both Venom and Carnage. They will definitely be two of the nicest statues that I own and I can't wait to get my hands on them. These are two huge winners in my eyes, great job everyone.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #119
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I hope they give Venom and Carnage small edition sizes to match the extreme negativity they're getting. I was absolutely blown away by the both of them in person and I can guarantee that people will change their minds if or when they see them in person. Once in hand reviews come out there are going to be a lot of people who are sorry they decided to pass on two amazing statues. I was one of the people that didn't like them very much when the pictures first came out. I haven't seen a statue with Caranage's level of detail come out of Sideshow in a long time. It's one of the most realistic looking bases I've ever seen. The red part of his body is just pure muscle texture and from the angles I could see the anatomy is perfect.

To Igo and anyone else from Sideshow who reads this, you guys should be incredibly proud of these symbiote PFs. I truly mean that. I take back every bad thing I said about them. In person these statues are nothing short of impressive. I give massive props to the sculptors, painters, and everyone involved with both Venom and Carnage. They will definitely be two of the nicest statues that I own and I can't wait to get my hands on them. These are two huge winners in my eyes, great job everyone.
Igo mentioned that the name of the sculptor is Steve Lord. I looked the guy up and he appears to be an expert at human and animal anatomies. It sounds like SS is incredibly pleased to have him on board and Igo did mention that he can't wait to show us what Lord is working on at the present moment.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #120
Parallax
Nightwing

Well Steve Lord, you are an incredibly gifted man. I look forward to seeing what you do for Sideshow in the future because I am truly blown away at the detail and realism packed into such a wild and out there character like Carnage.