Jedi Order

Fabulous thread!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #72
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
awesome collection, I love all the custom stuff. did you end up adding lines to your modern thor? that's what it looks like from your pics

also thanks for the door tutorial
No, I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. It's one spot that really can't be seen on the back of his left elbow that I want to do. I probably will eventually...my OCD doesn't just go away...unfortunately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Fabulous thread!
Thanks, my man!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #73
Bmutha

Well, my own personal white whale, so to speak, has arrived! I've been looking for this piece (for a reasonable price...I could have had it if I wanted to get stupid!) for a long time now, and a fellow collector on Facebook was able to help me out!

I present, the Hard Hero Daredevil, in the red costume! This statue is extremely hard to find it seems, and now with it in hand, I can see why. It is an excellent statue, and in my opinion, easily the best Daredevil statue on the market! The pose is excellent, the musculature is excellent...it just really captures the flavour of the character. The base is nice, but could use a bit more detail...but seriously, who is looking at the base? The one nitpick with this piece is the facial sculpt...not the best out there...not terrible, but an improved face sculpt could catapult this piece into the "untouchable" category.

Enjoy the pics:

Old 08-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #74
risingstar
Jedi Order

Great DD piece.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #75
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Congrats on the HH DD. That is indeed one of the sweetest statues in the hobby period.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #76
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Great acquisition bro!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #77
Bmutha

I got this awesome Kotobukiya Spider-Man Unleashed statue in last week...some of you may have heard of this one?

I love it. Amazing action pose. I was worried about the webs being fragile, but they are actually wire that can be shaped and bent to your liking...thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #78
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sweet pic thread, dude. The most recent Spider-Man pick up is really cool. Hope one day Koto and Erick collaborate to revisit him so I can place him beside Venom, because I just won't pay what people are asking for in the AM for him.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:05 AM   #79
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Great addition bro!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #80
Bmutha

Latest addition...Superior Spider-Man...this is an incredible statue! This is a custom 1/4 scale Spider-Man...excellent pose and sculpt, and based on one of my favorite Spider-Man arcs from recent memory. I am very glad to have this one in my collection.

My unofficial review is as follows:

Sculpt: 9/10, everything about this screams Spider-Man! I absolutely love the sculpt, and the base has some awesome details. The only reason I dock it 1 point is that the web lines on the boots do not match...there are a couple extra rows of horizontal web lines on the left boot. OCD? Yes, of course...it's a sickness that I notice these things, and even worse that they bother me!

Paint: 8/10, nicely executed with a few blemishes on the suit webbing and at the transitions between red and blue on the suit.

Design: 10/10, ridiculously awesome Spider-Man pose. It's just extremely well executed.

Production & Build Quality: 8.0/10, nice heft, solid cast. It's a little front heavy, so you have to be careful when removing the head, or it could tip over. The gloves are separate parts from the body, and are an extremely tight fit...there is a very small gap between glove and right arm.

Overall: 8.75/10. Despite the nagging web line inconsistency on the boots, this is my favorite Spider-Man statue.