Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #131
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I watched the booth video yesterday on FB and commented on how the HD video makes these statue pop so much better than these pictures do. With that said I am also a bit dissapointed with the Prof X. The protrait is what kills it for me. The sculpting of his suit/hoverchair/wheelchair is amazing but the face is very emotionless and blank to me. Magneto on throne his face had a lot of emotion to it so I really wanted something to match that.

I also hate that the switch outs are separate. I want him in the hover chair (awesome light up features) and I want him with magnetos helmet in hand (damaged helmet looks amazing!), a COH without cerebro on his head. So I can have magneto hold cerebro and prof x holding magnetos helmet. In order to do this i am, forced to buy 2 statues to get switch-outs. I still dont understand how XM cant include the switchouts for each statue since they are interchangeable and they are being made already. It cant impact shipping that much to add a Coh and arm that are already being manufactured for the other statue.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #132
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The video shows him much better, but still far away from high quality like the pictures from Kris Bales. We must wait for STGCC.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #133
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I watched the booth video yesterday on FB and commented on how the HD video makes these statue pop so much better than these pictures do. With that said I am also a bit dissapointed with the Prof X. The protrait is what kills it for me. The sculpting of his suit/hoverchair/wheelchair is amazing but the face is very emotionless and blank to me. Magneto on throne his face had a lot of emotion to it so I really wanted something to match that.

I also hate that the switch outs are separate. I want him in the hover chair (awesome light up features) and I want him with magnetos helmet in hand (damaged helmet looks amazing!), a COH without cerebro on his head. So I can have magneto hold cerebro and prof x holding magnetos helmet. In order to do this i am, forced to buy 2 statues to get switch-outs. I still dont understand how XM cant include the switchouts for each statue since they are interchangeable and they are being made already. It cant impact shipping that much to add a Coh and arm that are already being manufactured for the other statue.
I'll be honest, I don't quite get that myself. Now with the humongous TF line to have one or two extra parts in another statue due to the immense size (2 boxes I hear)...its a little more understandable. I'm sure there is also something there to provide more incentive to fans to collect the line.

But for Professor X, I feel you. I think both options should have all the extras minus the hover chair or wheelchair. I can't see the package increasing too much in size by adding what you suggested. Maybe they will decide to add those things in each package. Or maybe they are included in each package?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #134
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If they were to do what you suggest Loric then I would probably PO the hoverchair, if I can get my switch-out options. I didnt realize they were putting lights under the chair until i watched that video and it looks really good. I can look past the portrait in the end, if the setup is what I want.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:23 AM   #135
gaidin
Frackin!

Does anyone know if they will list the ES separately for Versions A and B or if its just a combined one?

I was all set on the Wheelchair version for the classic look, but the lights and extras on the Hoverchair are starting to sway me.
gaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:32 AM   #136
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
Does anyone know if they will list the ES separately for Versions A and B or if its just a combined one?

I was all set on the Wheelchair version for the classic look, but the lights and extras on the Hoverchair are starting to sway me.
I think the Hoverchair is a great stand alone statue but if your going to group him the regular wheelchair is the way to go...

As for the ES, I imagine each one will have it's own ES based on pre-orders..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:12 AM   #137
gaidin
Frackin!

Thank you, I think you could be on the money!

He'll mostly be alongside other XM X-Men characters...so lots of sentinel parts bases I think I'll just go with my original preference, get the wheelchair version and be happy with that. I'm sure I can pick up the Hoverchair on the secondhand market if I end really not being into it...
Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #138
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I wonder how many will blow 1k on him. Sure he would be nice to have. Buttttttttt..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #139
gaidin
Frackin!

I know the character is a luxury one...but I can't see him ever really being produced by anyone else!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #140
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I wonder how many will blow 1k on him. Sure he would be nice to have. Buttttttttt..
I'm not expecting the ES to be very high on him so that should help keep his value from going down...

And as Gaidin pointed out I doubt anyone else will make a 1/4 scale statue of him.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote