Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #161
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Wait, people are saying this doesn't look good? Looks pretty spectacular in my book.
Just a select few. Most are impressed by it...especially those that have seen it in person. The video also greatly shows how impressive and big he is standing next to the other X-Men.

I will stress everyone should watch the 20 minute walkthrough video with Bryan Tan at ACC this past weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMXLcm5KPc

You can see just how big they are, detailed and well painted they are. After seeing the video...I can't decide who my favorite is

I think they are all fantastic. I do think the weakest of the line so far is Wheelchair Prof X and maybe Iceman (although he is still impressive).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #162
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree, after watching the video I like him more. The flow of his jacket and his pose still bother my slightly from movement/momentum perspective, but that can be overlooked. The only other thing that I think is a bit off is his over-textured torso. Its weird that the corners of his torso are perfectly smooth, along with his pants, but his chest texturing doesn't tie into any other part of his costume.

Gambit is my favorite character of all time and I own the SS version. The XM beats the SS version in some ways and I feel the SS version beats the XM in others. They are pretty even, but i give the nod to the SS probably because I am biased, due to the fact I see it every day.

Wish i could own this one too, but its way to expensive for a duplicate character and Id rather get a character I dont have like mystique or Prof X.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #163
crazyconsumer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Gambit looks great in person, feels he is a little skinny in scale with the rest of xmen eg storm or dark phoenix
crazyconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:27 AM   #164
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyconsumer View Post
Gambit looks great in person, feels he is a little skinny in scale with the rest of xmen eg storm or dark phoenix
Storm is just lovely thick dark chocolate
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #165
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyconsumer View Post
I feel that is how he has always been drawn. I am not uber knowledgeable about Gambit like I am with Thor...so maybe he has been drawn more fuller.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #166
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Gambit has always been more on the thin side to me. Only one I can think of that is skinnier is Nightcrawler when it comes to the main X-Men. This Gambit looks on point in my opinion.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #167
VinnyCap
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

From XM site in response to STGCC 2018 comments:
“The power effects of the cards being thrown will not be produced in clear resin. The stability tests failed with the thin material prone to break and cause issues for collectors. We've updated it to stronger resin with painted effects which looks pretty cool too! Some really attentive fans asked us "Hey it's a royal flush move, why are there only 4 cards shown?". Ok you got us.

NOT! Now here's the thing that no one knows yet, but this cunning Cajun has an extra switch out arm holding the last card "Jack of Spades". We call this, keeping a card up our sleeves. Boomz!”
VinnyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #168
xxtonezxx
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great representation of the character. At first glance , thought he was on a motorcycle. That would've been bad ass Gambit of the 90's!
xxtonezxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #169
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Amazing statue. Really wish they stuck with the smiling face as I think the cocky smirking Gambit is the only Gambit, but this is amazing. The SS is nice except for the generic base that it's on.

Edit: saw the smirking face, A+++ statue.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:21 AM   #170
craigcliff1
Zot

On their Chat they stated this soon, Must be that up for order.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote