Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

It's a really good looking portrait of someone else? but who?
It'll be interesting to see who is credited for the portrait. Sideshow Collectibles should reveal all soon..

Update: (credits)
Yulli (Head Sculpt)
JC. Hong (Head Paint) (Head Art Direction)
E-Lee (Head Paint)

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Prisoner Version has a more accurate nose.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:54 AM   #12
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Portrait is not bad. I think it her jaw/chin that’s off as Margot has a broader and less pointed chin.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #13
ukshaun
Hercules

Likeness appears to have left many divided on Facebook. Some saying it looks nothing like Margot Robbie, others loving the portrait.

On the subject of the hammer. The Sideshow PF has the blue handle of the hammer inserting into the center of a red shape. Hot Toys appear to have inserted the blue handle between 2 red shapes. I wonder which is more accurate? (small detail i know )

(update)
Yup the handle is supposed to join at the center of a red shape.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This movie is a prime example of how lighting and movement make clothing acceptable able not totally atrocious.

Freezing these designs, with a horrible-looks-nothing-like-Robbie portrait, makes it all hideous. It’s not a flattering figure. I have no idea why anybody would want this.

Also the hair on this figure is TERRIBLE. Limp. Flat. Lifeless. Those pigtails look greasy and slick. Nothing like the teases and poofy and cute pigtails on the movie. Same with the bangs.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #15
jedi_don

Hot Toys would be wise to not make any other 1/6 figures from this movie. I could see them doing a Harley variant as the pink top and blue shorts she has in the current figure are the same she has in the caution tape and police assault outfits where she just adds a white t-shirt, a bandolier and a grenade launcher. Maybe as an exclusive.

I don’t seem a demand for Black Mask, Zasz, Huntress, Canary, Cassandra or Montoya.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This movie is a prime example of how lighting and movement make clothing acceptable able not totally atrocious.

Freezing these designs, with a horrible-looks-nothing-like-Robbie portrait, makes it all hideous. It’s not a flattering figure. I have no idea why anybody would want this.

Also the hair on this figure is TERRIBLE. Limp. Flat. Lifeless. Those pigtails look greasy and slick. Nothing like the teases and poofy and cute pigtails on the movie. Same with the bangs.
Hot Toys should have opted for an outfit that keeps areas such as elbows covered.
They should have used one of their other sculptors when it came to the portrait.

I looked into the credits, located on the Sideshow Collectibles website.

Hot Toys - Harely Quinn (Suicide Squad)
JC. Hong
Ha Young Kang
Da Hye Kim

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn Prisoner Version (Suicide Squad)
JC. Hong
Ha Young Kang
Da Hye Kim

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn Dancer Dress Version(Suicide Squad)
JC. Hong
E-Lee (Head Paint)

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn (Birds of Prey)
Yulli (Head Sculpt)
JC. Hong (Head Paint) (Head Art Direction)
E-Lee (Head Paint)

Ha Young Kang is a sculptor. The Sideshow website fails to mention this. I guess it is safe to assume Ha Young Kang sculpted the original Harley and Prisoner Harley (the best two Harely's).

Update: I'm not so sure these credits are correct.
I have posted the correct credits for Original and Prisoner Harley on the next page.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #17
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hot Toys should have opted for an outfit that keeps areas such as elbows covered.
Sounds like you haven’t seen the movie. The caution tape sleeves is act 1 for a short bit. The roller derby outfit is shown for short flashback. The pink onesie is on screen for few seconds. The blue jacket outfit is just a few seconds in the prologue. So the outfit they chose was used during the big act 3 finale with most of the action. There’s little reason to do a different outfit.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Sounds like you haven’t seen the movie. The caution tape sleeves is act 1 for a short bit. The roller derby outfit is shown for short flashback. The pink onesie is on screen for few seconds. The blue jacket outfit is just a few seconds in the prologue. So the outfit they chose was used during the big act 3 finale with most of the action. There’s little reason to do a different outfit.
Correct. I have not seen the movie. I'll wait for the Blu-ray to drop.

I wonder what prompts what decision at Hot Toys when elbows/knees are on show?
With Shuri Hot Toys opted for seamless option, as Shuri's elbows are on show.

Head Sculpt: SO - YOUNG LEE

Hot Toys opted for seamless whn it came to Wonder Woman also, as Wonder Woman's elbows are on show.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #19
built2shred
Phoenix

I thought the issue on the seamless was the joints would eventually tear through the rubber... It might be why they're going back to exposed joints...

As for the likeness, her face is too wide, The actress has a thinner face IMO... And the outfits look horrible, even in the movie they looked like crap...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:29 PM   #20
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I thought the issue on the seamless was the joints would eventually tear through the rubber... It might be why they're going back to exposed joints...

As for the likeness, her face is too wide, The actress has a thinner face IMO... And the outfits look horrible, even in the movie they looked like crap...
Possibly.

The likeness is someone else. Knowing Hot Toys they might offer 1 or 2 more Harley's with different head sculpts.