Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Detroit Teams? Bah!

WTF?

First place Red Wings, #1 seed, out in the second round.

Detroit Pistons, East.Conf. Champions, #1 seed, out in the finals.

Now here some the Tigers. Number #1 right now. You can bet the farm these suckas will be going out soon. Bah! No closing pitching? Kenny Rogers?

Bah!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
fossa

OK VM I will make you feel better since noone has posted in your thread at all. Why all the Detroit hate? What teams do you like?

As far as the Tigers go, yes they are in a slump right now having lost 7 of their last 9. BUT Kenny Rogers is 13-6 with a 4.14 ERA and they have the MOST saves in baseball with 43. And they also have the best team ERA in baseball (3.70) and the most shutouts (14).

I think you better come up with a better argument than Bah...
Old 08-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Hey dont forget about the Lions.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
Hey dont forget about the Lions.
Everyone forgets the Lions...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
The Watcher
Loki

When winning isn't enough:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan
WTF?

First place Red Wings, #1 seed, out in the second round.

Detroit Pistons, East.Conf. Champions, #1 seed, out in the finals.

Now here some the Tigers. Number #1 right now. You can bet the farm these suckas will be going out soon. Bah! No closing pitching? Kenny Rogers?

Bah!
So let's see, in 2006, the Red Wings had the best record in hockey (58-16-8), the Pistons had the best record in basketball (64-18) and the Tigers currently have the best record in baseball (82-49). The Red Wings and the Pistons failed to win the championships in their respective sports.

Detroit teams don't have great stars and they don't have great payrolls, they just win. Furthermore, both the Red Wings and the Pistons have won championships in recent years.

There is one "championship" that Detroit deserves to win this year. They have the world's most spoiled fans.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

the tigers are having a great reg season run this year - but i dont think they will go to the WS - they might make it to the 2nd round but ive seen this happen already - anyone remember the mariners from like 3 years ago - they won like 115 games or something ridiculous but where bounced before the WS - same with teh royals a few years ago - they won 110ish games and didnt make the WS either ( infact i think they lost in the first round)
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
The Watcher
Loki

Considering what the Tigers record was last year and considering the fact that they don't have the talent that other teams have and considering the fact that they have a small payroll, I'm pretty pleased at how they've done this year. They're over achievers. If they don't win the World Series, so be it. They still deserve the respect of their fans.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Considering what the Tigers record was last year and considering the fact that they don't have the talent that other teams have and considering the fact that they have a small payroll, I'm pretty pleased at how they've done this year. They're over achievers. If they don't win the World Series, so be it. They still deserve the respect of their fans.
no doubt - leyland has done an amazing job with the little he had to work with - detroit could be an amazing team for years if management doens screw it up but shopping talent to contain budget - but again tigers def deserve to be praised for what they did this year...they just wont be winning the WS
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #9
rric528
Sinister Six

I've always had a soft spot for the Tigers, I guess it's because my best friend is a huge fan.

I like the everyman feel of the team this year.

I'm pulling for them.
rric528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rric528
I've always had a soft spot for the Tigers, I guess it's because my best friend is a huge fan.

I like the everyman feel of the team this year.

I'm pulling for them.
me too!