Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #5061
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats.

RE: the replacement heads. Call CS and they'll fire you off an email that you can respond to with pictures attached to get put on the wait list.
Thanks HB

Looks like I'm ordering Colossus now...
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #5062
gomur
The Tick

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already; this topic has spanned eons and I confess to not reading every single post. Browsing through Sideshow's site, I noticed that all the preview pics were changed for the Rogue PF statue. Listed below are a pair of images before and the ones currently on the site. It's probably a smart move on Sideshow's part to better reflect the production version rather than the awesome prototype. I'm just curious if Sideshow's done this in the past where they switch prototype pics with production shots when a statue is released?

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #5063
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not if they have done that in the past or not....all I know is that it didn't happen until a ton of Rogue owners (myself included) got the heads in hand and were shocked. They did it to cover their asses--I'm HOPING that my replacement heads look like the original pics.

Funny, I was so focused on the jacked up eyes that I never noticed the hair is also sculpted differently on the Reg head.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #5064
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I'm just curious if Sideshow's done this in the past where they switch prototype pics with production shots when a statue is released?
It isn't a common practice with Sideshow but it has been done before. I can probably only name one or two off the top of my head. I have about 10-11 Marvel statues and none of them had their prototype pics changed until Rogue.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #5065
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not if they have done that in the past or not....all I know is that it didn't happen until a ton of Rogue owners (myself included) got the heads in hand and were shocked. They did it to cover their asses--I'm HOPING that my replacement heads look like the original pics.

Funny, I was so focused on the jacked up eyes that I never noticed the hair is also sculpted differently on the Reg head.
The jacket was made smaller also.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #5066
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Jacket looks the same to me and I actually own this piece.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #5067
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
The jacket was made smaller also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Jacket looks the same to me and I actually own this piece.
Maybe the belt being lower changes the feeling of the jacket size.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #5068
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already; this topic has spanned eons and I confess to not reading every single post. Browsing through Sideshow's site, I noticed that all the preview pics were changed for the Rogue PF statue. Listed below are a pair of images before and the ones currently on the site. It's probably a smart move on Sideshow's part to better reflect the production version rather than the awesome prototype. I'm just curious if Sideshow's done this in the past where they switch prototype pics with production shots when a statue is released?

I wonder who would choose the newer pics over the old as their preferred choice.

My thinking is if they're using these pics, the portrait replacements coming in December won't be looking better...

Last edited by risingstar; 11-01-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Using complete sentences would help...
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #5069
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I wonder who would choose the newer pics over the old as their preferred choice.

My thinking is they're using these pics, the portrait replacements coming in December won't looking better...
I can't help thinking that way too.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #5070
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
It's standard procedure for them to get pics of the "damage". Maybe you can ask a friend with a camera phone to snap a couple of quick shots for you.
Sometimes I don't think they even look at the pictures. My Ms. Marvel had a hair line fracture that you could barely see in the picture and they sent me a replacement.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote