Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #851
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Sure, bidding wars have been around since eBay first went live. People see an item they want and don't want someone else to have it. It can drive prices up considerably. That said, I don't necessarily think people like to bid against other people. If they have a choice of buying a print from a buy it now auction for a reasonable price or bidding against other people, with no guarantee of winning that item or even getting it cheaper than the buy it now price....well, I am betting most people would take the buy it now route. I know I would.

The sad thing about that 650 dollar auction is that Aspen offered me that print 2 weeks back for $350 and I didn't jump on it. Seeing it now sell for 650 makes me feel a little
i agree with you that people would rather buy it now instead of going to war on an auction but when an item is buy it now for $149 and you have aspen with the same one and numbered lower out of the set with a auction only starting at $24.99 and currently at 36.99 with 6 bids lets say you tend to get interested and try to buy it for cheaper than the $149 but what seems to happen is that at the end it goes to a bidding war.
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #852
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandwarm View Post
i agree with you that people would rather buy it now instead of going to war on an auction but when an item is buy it now for $149 and you have aspen with the same one and numbered lower out of the set with a auction only starting at $24.99 and currently at 36.99 with 6 bids lets say you tend to get interested and try to buy it for cheaper than the $149 but what seems to happen is that at the end it goes to a bidding war.
Absolutely. That's why Aspen starts the auctions off as low as they do. I have been sucked in plenty of times myself. That said, there are so many collectors on eBay now, many of which are more than willing to pay high prices, that you pretty much know going in that your not going to get these prints for anywhere near the starting price. Sure, you might get lucky with some of the newer prints but the highly sought after prints....well, odds are it just isn't going to happen.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #853
ssurfer23
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

omg....the bidding war is really going crazy

635 for a print!!!!

guess i am out for a long time if the prices keep going up
ssurfer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #854
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi i remember someone saying that when artist have a print numbered that it would be signed, well i got the waterfall turner cover the first one and it is not signed by turner it is limited to 50 i know its the first edition based that i have another one that is signed by turner that i got directly from turner and peter and the color is different from the current one. so how would you value a print like this one more rare since its only signed by peter and there may be a lot less out there that are not sighed by turner i prefer it signed by turner but that is just me, some collectors see things differently, more on rarity. what is you thoughts.
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #855
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hey coolwarm you got any pics of these two prints? Only the newer ones should not have Mike's signature. Not all prints have signatures a lot if the time it depends if the artist was around to sign them or not. Hard to explain on the phone but I will chime in a little later.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #856
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

My all time favorite print that Aspen has put out was the WWTexas 2006 (I think). I would absolutely love if Aspen did a new version in a different color palette, so I could at least own a verson of it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #857
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
My all time favorite print that Aspen has put out was the WWTexas 2006 (I think). I would absolutely love if Aspen did a new version in a different color palette, so I could at least own a verson of it.
yes...an awesome image that one..without a doubt Mike knew how to draw and draw GOOD!!!

Maybe petitioning the powers that be could see this redone similiar to the Kiani prints that have been recoloured.
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #858
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
which one is that?
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #859
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Wow - looks like a clearout of aspenstore today on their ebay listings - high numbered prints and several versions of lots of them.

Anyone care to guess what this highest one will go for... I reckon at least one will breach $90.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #860
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
which one is that?
This one. OMG, it's gorgeous.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote