Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #41
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Oh I am, but I am not at this level YET... Getting better at the head sculpts though
Practice makes perfect. I am now getting into DAZ Poser. I figure, I can do a decent mock up on my character so you can see what I envision when I send the bmp. to you.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #42
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You mean you wouldn't want a Planet Hulk? Or Maestro?

Seems like they could have fun with those two designs.
Yeah it would be much better than the lazy SS repaint and much nicer to get a brand new XM action pose. I like planet hulk just didn't want to buy 2 of the same repaints from SS for GH and planet hulk. XM will do planet hulk justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'll buy it. I passed on the first one.
That's why I want a cap brand new sculpt and great ES for those who missed the first. This is such a good idea XM. Please don't ever do what SS does with the lazy repaints and the massive ES with bad QC that we see so much. This keeps XM exciting! Thanks XM!
This cap looks way better than the SS and even the first cap imo. Best one made so far love the head sculpt and the pose is great. Will we get a unmasked COH?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:08 PM   #43
Thor57
Teen Titans

Lets not get hypocritical here. People bash SS all the time for re doing past characters they recently did. That's what XM is doing here. I said it for years. There is a group of characters these companies will always go back to because they are instant sellers. There are a lot of things XM would be fools to follow SS on, but pushing out a Cap, Thor, Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man type character every 2 or 3 years is okay as long as they are still branching out with a Ghost Rider, Mysterio, type character in the mean time. Sideshows problem is they have to many licenses so instead of alternating lesser known comic characters in between the popular ones, they throw in well known movie and horror characters instead.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #44
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Practice makes perfect. I am now getting into DAZ Poser. I figure, I can do a decent mock up on my character so you can see what I envision when I send the bmp. to you.
Well... I got another generation of body sculpt coming...lol... You may be interested
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #45
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think the head sculpt is light years ahead of the first one they did. I also think it's light years ahead of all those aftermarket customs too. Saluting too (with the correct hand). This one already looks like a win for XM.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #46
rebirthz
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Fyi from what i know this line will likely have lesser switchouts. This is so that thy can be at a lower price point for thriftier collectors.
rebirthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 PM   #47
qz33
Doctor Doom

Best Captain America yet? Sculpt says yes.

This could prove that regardless of overexposure, ES, or price, a great sculpt still moves statues.
Even though this is a stoic pose it so fits the character.

Does this mean perhaps we can get an action pose for another Thor? Many of XM's concepts mirror some of Bowen's so... just go ahead and get that awesome cape going.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #48
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Lets not get hypocritical here. People bash SS all the time for re doing past characters they recently did. That's what XM is doing here. I said it for years. There is a group of characters these companies will always go back to because they are instant sellers. There are a lot of things XM would be fools to follow SS on, but pushing out a Cap, Thor, Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man type character every 2 or 3 years is okay as long as they are still branching out with a Ghost Rider, Mysterio, type character in the mean time. Sideshows problem is they have to many licenses so instead of alternating lesser known comic characters in between the popular ones, they throw in well known movie and horror characters instead.
There are going to be a lot guys go quiet on this one, at least in terms of the Cap revist. I for one don't care, and since I haven't spoken up against multiple releases of popular characters I can, without sounding like a hypocrit, say that I am glad that XM is taking at least a few more shots at some very popular characters. The artists at XM are growing by leaps and bounds as time goes by. Having used some of their tools myself I can honestly say that you can and will make giant leaps forward. Especially when you have talent like these guys do. So IMHO they should get extra kicks at the can for characters like Cap or Hulk (oh sushy loric you old killjoy let some of the rest of us have fun..lol). I feel that this sculpts shows 2-3 years of artistic growth over and above the previous Cap release from sculpting evey day and that it is truly iconic. I really do think these guys can out do themselves.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #49
SONICobra
Batman

about as good as you can get with a classic cap
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 AM   #50
Peedi
The Secret Six

I like how on their fb page it says for those that missed the first one...like that'll stop some from double dipping if they want to.

I think people are excited and accept this because it's not like SS where there's like 3-5 versions of the same character back to back and Ex and Reg combined can be well over 2000 for each version. Both of XM's Caps are low ES and different concepts, it works.

Congrats to those that want and get this. It's not exciting me much, I'd rather see an update on the Spidey/MJ and sculpts for things they previously announced (BP, GG, where o where are Star Wars, etc) but I'm happy for those that have another opportunity to get an XM Cap.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote