Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #71
Y3E
Gen 13

Sorry you have this problem Super. Return the statue and go on the waitlist for the EX if that is what you really want.

I get mine at the end of this month and if it has problems, I am returning it. Not keeping damage ones anymore.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #72
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
That's really funny if you really believe they would repaint before passing off to another collector first! Sorry but I don't care what Sidesgow says they do this and have done this many many times!!

Sarah
Good thing you are finished with them then. That really never gets old.

Now, I am not saying it is right, but I am sure they get pieces back that either people changed their mind on or have such minor issues that most people would not have a problem receiving that piece, so it makes sense those pieces would get sent back out. Of course it has also been a couple of years since they offered up a defective piece in the newsletter, so either they are destroying everything that comes back and filing an insurance claim, sending everything back out, or the edition sizes are all overstated as you will never have that many pieces that actually get to collectors hands without enough replacements to go around. Something is amiss.

That said, some people seem to be unlucky. I have had a couple of issues that were usually rectified, taken a credit or two, and had one statue show up obliterated. I do think they tend to go above and beyond though. At least that has been my experience.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #73
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Sorry you have this problem Super. Return the statue and go on the waitlist for the EX if that is what you really want.

I get mine at the end of this month and if it has problems, I am returning it. Not keeping damage ones anymore.
I think I will do that. It will always bother me if I have it re-painted.

Dam!!! I really wanted to display this one with my Spidey poster.

I'll send this back and move on.

Thanks everyone, there are still regular batches to come out. Wonder what's going to happen with their replacements?
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #74
chronos1919
Nightwing

I should have my EX by the end of this week or beginning of next. Very worried that it's going to be messed up, as the leg paint issue seems to be quite common for this piece. Here's hoping that it's not. That would be extremely disappointing after this wait, especially after seeing just how good this statue can look when it doesn't have issues.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #75
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
I think I will do that. It will always bother me if I have it re-painted.

Dam!!! I really wanted to display this one with my Spidey poster.

I'll send this back and move on.
Excellent call my man! Definitely send it back with a refund. Trying to get it repainted will be too much hassle.

With the popularity of Spidey right now, I have NO DOUBT in my mind that a future Spidey statue will ALWAYS be in the works.

Sorry for your headache!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote