Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Do P1 pieces look like big plastic toys in person?

Hi so I'm being extremely torn on what to do for my future collecting plans.

I currently collect PCS 1/3 pieces. I have Akuma and a few others on order and was 100% planning to make a lifelong collection out of those pieces.

However, I've recently been hit with a scratch that needs to be itched but I'm not sure if I'll end up making a giant mistake or not.

That itch is a great desire to collect Prime 1 batman pieces.

And those pieces I want most I feel I need the EX. I really want Arkham Harley, Flashpoint Batman, Mr Freeze, and Batgirl, just to start.

Big problem is it requires me to sell my Akuma and other PCS preorders (plus other non statue stuff I have) to purchase those Ex's.

I basically have to sell my pieces first in order to get the prime 1 pieces and that worries me cause I see myself possibly regretting that.

I've heard great things about prime 1 but I was just watching a vid on YouTube from SDCC 2016 and someone commented on them looking plasticy and cheap. If I sell what I have and end up with cheap looking statues I'll be bummed.

Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Which license do you like more? That's really the question you should be asking.

As much as I enjoy the SF games, I have no love for the characters or the line, so have zero interest in ever getting those figures.

Is there any chance you could find a way to see these pieces in person before making this life altering decision? Or, worst case, order one as a test, knowing you'll resell it if you don't like the look or quality?

As of this response I only have one Prime 1 Batman figure, the Batman Arkham Knight. I don't think he looks like a giant toy. The face sculpt - especially the Bruce Wayne head - is unreal. I've never seen a sculpt this good. The paint and resin used looks shockingly real. But the suit sculpt isn't quite as polished as I would have liked. There's a general lack of care and quality.

Harley is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll have a better clue as to their Batman line quality.

No one can really answer this question for you though. In the end, what would you rather have sitting in your home, and looking at every day? Street Fighter or Batman?
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #3
craigcliff1
Zot

I have Arkham Kinght and Arkham Batman, they look awesome I have collected for 10 years and owned couple hundred statues and these are some of the best pieces. Not sure what those people are talking about they look statues to me and not toys.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Which license do you like more? That's really the question you should be asking.

As much as I enjoy the SF games, I have no love for the characters or the line, so have zero interest in ever getting those figures.

Is there any chance you could find a way to see these pieces in person before making this life altering decision? Or, worst case, order one as a test, knowing you'll resell it if you don't like the look or quality?

As of this response I only have one Prime 1 Batman figure, the Batman Arkham Knight. I don't think he looks like a giant toy. The face sculpt - especially the Bruce Wayne head - is unreal. I've never seen a sculpt this good. The paint and resin used looks shockingly real. But the suit sculpt isn't quite as polished as I would have liked. There's a general lack of care and quality.

Harley is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll have a better clue as to their Batman line quality.

No one can really answer this question for you though. In the end, what would you rather have sitting in your home, and looking at every day? Street Fighter or Batman?
Well I grew up with batman and I like the story a lot better. The only real SF game I liked was street fighter 2. I like the characters of SF themselves more than most of the games themselves. Lol.

I like Asian inspired Mario arts characters so yeah I like the characters.

Batman I guess for me there's more to like. I like the characters but also the world itself. Although besides the WW and man of steel movie I've hated the DC movies thus far!

Some collectibles I've had in the past have blown my away with their quality. Opening up a piece for the first time is a big deal and I'm hoping to open up these pieces and be blown away by the detail, paint, sculpt, everything.

I've been hearing p1 is on another level and knowing they use clear resin I'm expecting high quality 1/3 pieces with the hot tous quality faces. Harley, for example, looks real! Which I really like!

So hearing people say that the clear resin actually gives it a plastic, toy appearance is what has me second guessing.

I would love to see one in person before along the plunge but I don't think that's an option unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I have Arkham Kinght and Aekham Batman. They look awesome I have collected for 10 years and owned couple hundred statues and these are some of the best pieces. Not sure what those people are talking about.
It was buttornado' vid that had me spooked.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:22 AM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Get some P1s and you won't look back...

People that say they look like toys must have ulterior motives.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:17 AM   #6
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Stating that something looks like a toy is really a subjective opinion. I think the OP needs to look at the promotional photos and decide. If the statue comes out the same as the prototype, would he be happy? That's all anyone can do.

I'm laying down money on The Witcher line, and I quite fancy getting Batgirl as well, I have never seen a Prime1 product in the flesh. I have watched the video reviews of some of the Batman line products and the reviewers have been blown away.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:27 AM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

Still no Prime1 in my collection.
The plan is to own something at some point. Cat Woman is a possibility, depending on the full reveal.

Future possibilities might include Laura/Street Fighter, Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad 2, Deadpool 2,
Metal Gear Solid should they get the licence.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 AM   #8
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

My opinion. 1/3 looks killer in person. I'm not so sure about 1/2. We saw the Sideshow 1/2 Vader and one or two others and they looked like that Jakks Pacific crap you see in Toys R Us. My wife was blown away at the cost of those, considering their appearance. She's never said that about anything else in my collection, and I even have 40+ Hot Toys. I get the same feeling from the Superman 1/2 P1 from every picture I see.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

I can assure you that 'the best a man can get' is not Gilette!It's Prime 1 in 1/3 scale! lol

I've been collecting since 2001 and I have seen it all.
I've recently received my first Prime 1 piece and it is all what you can hope for as a seasoned collector.
Prime 1 is clearly at the top of the game quality wise.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #10
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

My p1 pieces look nothing like my (Hot) Toys collection.

On a completely different level.
Closed Thread