Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #211
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Paint splatter?????

Anybody else have the same issue with their cannon and the left shoulder?
Yeah that looks terrible. should be an automatic return/replacement with your shipping covered. Anybody sort of worried that this line will end with Megatraon and the 14 Optimus Variants? I gues a line can have worse endings. You grab Optimus and Megatron and that is definitely a nice set. Where are all the announcements for this line at?
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #212
hordeall
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have this statue and it looks great and all but..... The size is very underwhelming. I have it next to Prime 1 Arkham Bats and Sideshow Batman and he just looks tiny next to both of them. Considering he is supposed to be a massive robot it just looks plain wrong. Plus the fact that it cost 1K does not help.
hordeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #213
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Yeah that looks terrible. should be an automatic return/replacement with your shipping covered. Anybody sort of worried that this line will end with Megatraon and the 14 Optimus Variants? I gues a line can have worse endings. You grab Optimus and Megatron and that is definitely a nice set. Where are all the announcements for this line at?
Yeah.. I'm dropping it and sticking with XM and maybe IA (if they get their sh-t together).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
I have this statue and it looks great and all but..... The size is very underwhelming. I have it next to Prime 1 Arkham Bats and Sideshow Batman and he just looks tiny next to both of them. Considering he is supposed to be a massive robot it just looks plain wrong. Plus the fact that it cost 1K does not help.
That and the whole paint thing killed it for me. The 1/3 Arkham pieces dwarf Megatron and cost about the same. Clearly, we are paying up the ass for the license.

These TF pieces should've averaged $500-$600 at best.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #214
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah.. I'm dropping it and sticking with XM and maybe IA (if they get their sh-t together).

That and the whole paint thing killed it for me. The 1/3 Arkham pieces dwarf Megatron and cost about the same. Clearly, we are paying up the ass for the license.

These TF pieces should've averaged $500-$600 at best.
Wise choice.

$500 - $600 is a little low...$700 - $800 seems much more reasonable...like maybe $699 - $749.

There is a HUGE difference between what you get with the XM and IA TF lines than what you get with Prime 1. That is not a knock on P1...they make great stuff...but for $1K? Sorry...not for a stiff posed TF that really does nothing to characterize Megatron. Optimus's pose was a little bit better...but not much.

The weird thing is, this line of TF pale in comparison to their Beast Wars line...which looks every bit worth the $1K. Not so much this.

And I know I am not the only one that notices this...but Prime 1's recent posed characters are starting to have more life and excitement to them (SPidey 2099, Venom, Optimus Primal, Berserk, Witcher, etc.). Kudos to Prime 1 for starting to step outside of the box a bit.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #215
BurningRage
Inhumans

I like the pose for this and Optimus. These two are enough TF statues for me. I have most of the takara masterpiece figures.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #216
Transformers
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Prime1 studio is always very expensive,but 999 dollars is maximum price for this statues, but i really wanna collect this line g1.Hope to see more characters, not only different colour...
Transformers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #217
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Wise choice.

$500 - $600 is a little low...$700 - $800 seems much more reasonable...like maybe $699 - $749.
Fine $699-$749 is more reasonbable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
There is a HUGE difference between what you get with the XM and IA TF lines than what you get with Prime 1. That is not a knock on P1...they make great stuff...but for $1K? Sorry...not for a stiff posed TF that really does nothing to characterize Megatron. Optimus's pose was a little bit better...but not much.

The weird thing is, this line of TF pale in comparison to their Beast Wars line...which looks every bit worth the $1K. Not so much this.

And I know I am not the only one that notices this...but Prime 1's recent posed characters are starting to have more life and excitement to them (SPidey 2099, Venom, Optimus Primal, Berserk, Witcher, etc.). Kudos to Prime 1 for starting to step outside of the box a bit.
Yeah.. I'm keeping the Beast Wars pieces.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #218
KELPIE
New Republic

Pretty sure I've mentioned it in this thread already, however I get the feeling the IA merger killed this line.

I'll be grabbing the IA TF's, XM TF's and P1 BW.

The Triple Double for the win!
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #219
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Pretty sure I've mentioned it in this thread already, however I get the feeling the IA merger killed this line.
What?
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #220
KELPIE
New Republic

Not based on anything other than a gut feeling.

Imaginarium Arts merged with Prime 1.

I can't imagine Prime 1 running 2 separate G1 statue lines.

They probably wanted to produce a traditional G1 line but lost the license to IA, hence the Josh Nizzi G1 hybrid line.
Now that they have the G1 line, they may focus more on that instead.

This is all before we start talking about the other theoretical Josh Nizzi TF line.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote