Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #31
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel-sonofel View Post
Aaaand all the others can have their (wrong ) opinion about the Prime 1 Darkseid. Boooohoooo it's the N52 design.
I don't really care about the suit. But the statue is massive huge and woow in any collection.

Like forps said they have to be monstrous - especially THE villains.
Darkseid 52 from Prime1 is atrocious due to his costume, not due to his size as a statue. Ive commented only about size here (Doomsday), read again. Not about costume, paint apps (its still unpainted) etc. SIZE. Villains and especially Thanos, Darkseid, Doomsday etc is a given that they should be MONSTERS, BEHEMOTHS.

Prime1 got it right, Sideshow is still wondering why Darkseid PFF or Killer Croc PFF being 18inc cant sell! Its his dam....height, Sideshow! SIZE DOES MATTER with statues being priced @ 500, 600 and soon 700dollars. Why buy a PUNY Killer Croc when you can buy a monstous Batman 1/3 for 899 ? Simple as that! If you want to sell a Killer Croc being 18inch, price him around 350dol. 350dol only? Not going to happen ? Then, make him BIGGER and TALLER.

Sideshow, take some notes. Prime1 GOATed here
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #32
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I'll say this: given the absence of a massive classic Darkseid, the case can be made for this Doomsday to be the one statue to display with the Sideshow DC JLA comics PFs. If SS releases the rest of the comic based league, this one Doomsday statue can bookend the whole thing.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #33
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Definite buy for me. I'll figure out where the hell I'll display it later.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #34
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Definite buy for me. I'll figure out where the hell I'll display it later.
He's huge! I'm thinking about displaying hm on a low pedestal to not tower over and steal the attention from everything else.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #35
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #36
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Good Lord that pic can't be right!! Sadly the price will be out of this world so I'll probably be passing but I would love to have this thing.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #37
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Video of Doomsday -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9m-6gfGYI
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #38
BDoggWhite
Birdman

This is what I've been waiting years for! Shocked SS hasn't done it as long as they've had the license.
BDoggWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

It's a shame SS has the 1/4 scale DC license locked up, they're offerings have ranged from good to what were they thinking. They're museum poses are not holding up well to all these new poses were seeing from Prime 1 and other companies. It's a shame DC allows companies to have exclusives. Seems to me they would make more money selling the license to multiple companies vs just one.

SS has a few talented guys like harbottle who has done some killer work for SS but overall SS stuff feels very dated compared to these new companies.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #40
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's a shame SS has the 1/4 scale DC license locked up, they're offerings have ranged from good to what were they thinking. They're museum poses are not holding up well to all these new poses were seeing from Prime 1 and other companies. It's a shame DC allows companies to have exclusives. Seems to me they would make more money selling the license to multiple companies vs just one.

SS has a few talented guys like harbottle who has done some killer work for SS but overall SS stuff feels very dated compared to these new companies.
Maybe it's a deal that Sideshow was able to lock up for years before the likes of P1 and XM existed. I think it's too bad that P1 can't do quarter-scale stuff for most of the really mainstream DC stuff, like Hush and the movies; 1/3 scale stuff is cool, but I think 1/4 is the sweet spot for more collectors in terms of size and price.

My biggest issue with Sideshow isn't that their stuff feels dated (e.g., the new Red Sonja and the previous one look great); what I have grown weary of is the inconsistent execution of the production pieces (e.g., not nailing Black Canary when it should have seemingly been a simple endeavor), which thankfully is becoming less acceptable as competitors like P1 and XM are mostly fully delivering (or even exceeding expectations on) the promise of their prototypes.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote