Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #1241
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Tweeterhead will not have a booth. One of the great sculptors that they work with will have a table and will have some sculpts of MOTU busts that will be shown to represent his sculpting skills. If I'm not mistaken it's David Igo
yeah ive seen his busts before, they are cool would be totally down for full statues based off these designs but do these busts have anything to do with the 1/5 scale line?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #1242
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah ive seen his busts before, they are cool would be totally down for full statues based off these designs but do these busts have anything to do with the 1/5 scale line?
I don't think so.

If the 1/5 scale line does continue with TH, I think it would be statues. I recall Chad saying there wasn't enough interest/sales for the 1:6 scale bust line that they started.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #1243
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Based on what Chad said yesterday, Debbie is training her, and she will be handling info@tweeterhead.com and also the FB messages. She will need a little time to get up to speed, so be kind to her. I think this might be her baptism into the world of collectors
I do agree with you she definitely will need time to get up and running and it will probably take a few months for her to get acclimated into her new job. As someone who started a new job in January I definitely can empathize with the position that this person is in and you are correct she definitely does deserve time to get up to speed. I do think the fact that Debbie is training her will definitely be a help and a step in the right direction
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:30 PM   #1244
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do agree with you she definitely will need time to get up and running and it will probably take a few months for her to get acclimated into her new job. As someone who started a new job in January I definitely can empathize with the position that this person is in and you are correct she definitely does deserve time to get up to speed. I do think the fact that Debbie is training her will definitely be a help and a step in the right direction
oh congrats and good for you. I am too old to start any new job.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #1245
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Thank you
I actually went back to work for the corporation I used to work for 14 years ago and I’m working for one of my old bosses
I always say leave your job on very good terms and still keep in touch with old employers because you never know what might happen
The added bonus was they added my prior time that I had with the company on To when they rehired me and that gave me an extra weeks vacation
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #1246
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Yep, it will take time for the new hire to get up and running and for Chad to catch up with all the backlog but will still require some thick skin as those not familiar with TH will not be patient for updates even though Chad has said his goal is to get releases one year from PO. After a year is when I start wondering what the status is and I don't need updates before that.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #1247
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
I don't think so.

If the 1/5 scale line does continue with TH, I think it would be statues. I recall Chad saying there wasn't enough interest/sales for the 1:6 scale bust line that they started.
disappointing... f_ck you hasbro
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #1248
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
I don't think so.

That´s good to hear. Don´t get me wrong: I love Tweeterheads MotU busts very much and would have liked to see more of them getting made, but I´d like to see a continuation of the statue line Sideshow started even more.

So if Chad isn´t attending Power Con I guess we will have to wait quite a bit longer to see if he got the rights to continue; and even longer to see what character might be the next one to be produced.

The wait is killing me.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #1249
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have a question about cancelling a preorder and the 25% 'restocking fee'.

Is it 25% of the price of the statue?
i.e. Batgirl is $259.99, so 25% would be $65

Or is it 25% of the deposit?
i.e. Batgirl deposit was $100.00, so 25% would be $25

Finally, is the prepaid shipping amount included in the 25%?
i.e. I paid $32.18 in shipping for Robin. would they take $8.05 of that?
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #1250
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I have a question about cancelling a preorder and the 25% 'restocking fee'.

Is it 25% of the price of the statue?
i.e. Batgirl is $259.99, so 25% would be $65

Or is it 25% of the deposit?
i.e. Batgirl deposit was $100.00, so 25% would be $25

Finally, is the prepaid shipping amount included in the 25%?
i.e. I paid $32.18 in shipping for Robin. would they take $8.05 of that?
My understanding from talking to Debbie a year ago is it is 25% of the full price minus the shipping. So it would be the first scenario you posted.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote