Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
DrJ
Frackin!

Am I being scammed?

Been really stoked all day as I recently won a Prime 1 Studio 1/2 scale Batman statue on a heck of a deal! Well. A couple hours ago the seller messages me letting me know my payment has been refunded due to his PayPal account no longer taking international funds.

I’m like, okay...just link up a new PayPal account and I’ll pay you. But he/she wants to send me a new invoice via PayPal.

Not really sure what to do. If legit, this is seriously one of my dream statues I’ve been drooling over. But, if they’re wanting a transaction outside eBay, my spidey sense is going through the roof! Just afraid it’s a scam. This seller has recently sold a bunch of other statues. Every one I got outbid on but this one. Lucky me since this was THE ONE I wanted. But, I’m now hesitant on the whole deal.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:20 AM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

It could be the seller is trying to avoid the 10% fee Ebay tacks on..

That said, I believe Paypal gives you the same buyer protection that Ebay does. So if he tries to scam you, Paypal should refund your money.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:33 AM   #3
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

PayPal has been bullish lately on refunds. They’ve got a slew of new rules and regulations. They require the seller to contract them and explain their side of the story before they refund your money. If a couple weeks go by and there is no communication from the seller you’ll get your money back.

I’m a hobby seller on Ebay and my rule of thumb is stay away from the P1 statues coming from China. I know people who have purchased cheap knock offs from there. As long as the seller has more than 100 feedback and it’s all positive you should be okay. Either way you’ll be covered just don’t expect an immediate refund but PayPal will come through.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

If its one of those that just ended today I'd be very weary of paying for any of those. I don't think any seller would be willing to take that much of a bath on those for the price they sold for. The sellers low feedback is quite troubling as well.

Just checked his feedback, all whopping 5 of them is from being a buyer, he has no seller feedback

After looking further it looks like that guy had another eBay account that sold some P1 stuff last month and has negative feedback for not having the product. Definitely stay away at all costs.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

RUN FAST!!!!
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, I have a feeling I've seen which statue you may have bought. There have been some really low cost sales of supposed P1 half scale statues from overseas. I could not see any way those were legit.

And typically, you'd need to send it back to get the refund and I think you'd be stuck with the return shipping expenses, which would be huge. I don't think that's the case when purchased through Ebay. I've seen the seller being forced to cover the return shipping costs for "Item Not as Described" cases.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

Id call paypal and just make sure youll have some kind of protection then also pay with your credit card if you end up growing through with it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #8
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really have a hard time believing all of those P1 statues being sold from China/Singapore/Japan aren't recasts. Apparently, there are plenty of other skeptical people to drive those prices so low.

The P1 Arkham Robin EX for $108? The Miller Dark Knight statue for $360? Two-Face EX for $52? Um.... ok.

I'm not seeing a recent P1 1/2 scale Batman from overseas, so I'm not sure what you paid. I wouldn't risk it, though.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
SONICobra
Batman

lol wait how much are you trying to buy this for? im not familiar with the auctions and didnt know that that it was coming from china... if its too good to be true, it probably is
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote