Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #501
clutch
Sailor Moon

The lean is bad and the baby teeth are worse. Why make drastic changes to a statue and not bother to say a word about it?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #502
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Liquid View Post
My EX arrived today, #40/500. Zero issues, and the lean is as designed.
You appear to have a good one. There is hope to those that pre_ordered. Nice photo btw.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #503
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
The lean is bad and the baby teeth are worse. Why make drastic changes to a statue and not bother to say a word about it?
Their communication was non existent which is not a good business practice. But probably they have more than enough Batmen not to care about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You appear to have a good one. There is hope to those that pre_ordered. Nice photo btw.
It is leaning just like the rest. He just did a photo from a right angle so it does not look to be leaning.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #504
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It looks pretty good to me. The lean on his doesn't look too bad. I'm sure it would of been a fantastic piece to own.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #505
clutch
Sailor Moon

Yeah, even if you rotate the pic, it looks straighter than others I've seen. Wonder what is causing the variations.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #506
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Maybe there is more than one factory? And one of them messed up something. What is concerning is Prime 1's behavior in this matter. There are clearly endos out there which are leaning badly. Some has maybe a better luck. This endo is from Sideshowcollectors. It is leaning heavily in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1006789159817755.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	134859   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1027455697721695.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	134860   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1293588364351349.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	134861  
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #507
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Maybe there is more than one factory? And one of them messed up something. What is concerning is Prime 1's behavior in this matter. There are clearly endos out there which are leaning badly. Some has maybe a better luck. This endo is from Sideshowcollectors. It is leaning heavily in my opinion.
In the 3rd image, the lean looks full on.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #508
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

These two iPhone shots are about as straight as I could get them. You'll see that there is no exaggerated lean on this one. Trust me, I was looking for it, after seeing some of the wonky ones out there, but this ain't it. Don't forget, they are supposed to have SOME lean, as that's the scene from the movie they're attempting to recreate; the endo limping down the corridor. I have mine on a lazy-Susan, and from every angle, it looks spot-on. I'm not sure what some of you are expecting this to look like at this point.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5163.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	134862   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5168.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	134863  
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #509
clutch
Sailor Moon

I think Burtial's has a lot of lean so I was able to screencap his video and it pretty much matches Blue Liquid's statue perfectly. I don't think there are 'good' ones and 'bad' ones. And if there are it is just fractional.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #510
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

So I think Clutch may be right. Check out this comparison I just made. The far right image is an overlay of the one dude's endo and mine (mine has the opacity reduced by about half, but I've pointed it out). I tried my best to get the angle the same, to match his original viewing angle, but with different camera focal lengths, distance of camera from subject, etc etc, it can be extremely difficult to replicate, but I did my best. MAYbe mine has slightly less lean, but maybe not. It's close. For the overlay on the far left, I got really low and shot my endo, then overlay'd it on the stock image from Sideshow/Prime1. They seem dead-on. So it sounds as though this may all be a matter of camera/viewing angle. Now, from a real-world point of view, I can tell you that this statue doesn't seem "off' to me in any way. The lean looks normal and accurate as I walk around it or rotate it. It absolutely does not seem as though it is going to fall over or continue to bend or anything like that. I think this may all boil down to a trick of the camera's eye kind of thing. I strongly recommend to try to see one in person (I know, this is a longshot, but...), and I'm convinced you'll see it's not a manufacturing mistake. Maybe I'll try a video or something, maybe that'll help discern.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	endocomparo.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	134864  
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote