Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #1561
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Exactly. We are all acquainted with NRDs.
It was your choice to cancel.
You made your bed...
The difference being. The item at the time was delayed. There was talk of there being no shipping container available.
This was followed by talk of locating a container.
As everyone knows, the time involved in loading a container, shipping a container, for the container to be stuck in a queue from hell in the waters off California, followed by a truck ride to Tweeterhead HQ, was going to take a ton of time (months, and months)
It made sense to cancel.
During the cancellation process, Tweeterhead appeared to drag communication out to the tune of one week between replies?

Then, as if my magic, Tweeterhead obtained some stock?

I'm over this. No big deal. I have my Catwoman
How many Tweeterhead customers are still waiting?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:02 PM   #1562
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The difference being. The item at the time was delayed. There was talk of there being no shipping container available.
This was followed by talk of locating a container.
As everyone knows, the time involved in loading a container, shipping a container, for the container to be stuck in a queue from hell in the waters off California, followed by a truck ride to Tweeterhead HQ, was going to take a ton of time (months, and months)
It made sense to cancel.
During the cancellation process, Tweeterhead appeared to drag communication out to the tune of one week between replies?

Then, as if my magic, Tweeterhead obtained some stock?

I'm over this. No big deal. I have my Catwoman
How many Tweeterhead customers are still waiting?
No horse in this race but is it common for companies to give back the NRD, if the piece is delayed?

Reason I'm asking is because it's the first one heard of it and probably could have gotten a few pieces refunded, but i always understood refunds as completely non-refundable.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:06 PM   #1563
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
No horse in this race but is it common for companies to give back the NRD, if the piece is delayed?

Reason I'm asking is because it's the first one heard of it and probably could have gotten a few pieces refunded, but i always understood refunds as completely non-refundable.
SS does but I'm not really sure if it's a common or accepted thing with companies. For example, BBTS takes forever to get their stock, and I don't think they ever do NRD refunds. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #1564
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
SS does but I'm not really sure if it's a common or accepted thing with companies. For example, BBTS takes forever to get their stock, and I don't think they ever do NRD refunds. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Sideshow is the only company I know of that does (or used to, not sure if they still do) this.

In fact, a friend of mine has been waiting for BBTS to get in the Prime 1 movie Joker piece for a very long time. In fact, all other retailers got theirs in the spring of 2021 (March-April). They won't allow her to cancel, even though it's been 6 months since everyone else got their stock, without paying the NRD.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #1565
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sideshow is the only company I know of that does (or used to, not sure if they still do) this.

In fact, a friend of mine has been waiting for BBTS to get in the Prime 1 movie Joker piece for a very long time. In fact, all other retailers got theirs in the spring of 2021 (March-April). They won't allow her to cancel, even though it's been 6 months since everyone else got their stock, without paying the NRD.
Yeah, that's what I thought -- thanks for confirming. I've heard the same, was surprised when I read there was expectation on getting the NRD refunded, even with a delay.

I mean, it even has "non-refundable" in the name
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:18 PM   #1566
SDguy

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought -- thanks for confirming. I've heard the same, was surprised when I read there was expectation on getting the NRD refunded, even with a delay.

I mean, it even has "non-refundable" in the name
Yeah, unless a piece is cancelled by the producer, to me NRD means you've committed that money, and it's gone no matter if you take the piece or not.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:20 PM   #1567
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Iron Studios does, as well. It takes several emails, but it is their policy.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:20 PM   #1568
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, unless a piece is cancelled by the producer, to me NRD means you've committed that money, and it's gone no matter if you take the piece or not.
Exactly. Regardless of delays.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:34 PM   #1569
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I had a Gaming Heads statue that was delivered to me and the paint was horrible on it. They replaced it with a piece that had even worse paint on it. I had to destroy it and send pictures to get a refund but I still lost the NRD. As others have said Sideshow seems to be the only company that also refunds the NRD.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:38 PM   #1570
nearmint
Phoenix

I like Tweeterhead's policy allowing you to transfer an NRD to another piece. I wish Sideshow would allow that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote