Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 AM   #631
daviddukemd
Doh!

Well, on the opposite end of the spectrum, there is a “CS Moore Studios Conan the Conqueror: Faux Bronze Edition Statue” selling for only $169 on Amazon, and it is Prime
daviddukemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:55 AM   #632
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

There is also one of the 12 (less now since some have been painted ) CS Moore Barbarian "Greys" up on Ebay. $850 (not mine)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moore-creat...MAAOSwaPNcBiS0
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #633
cousineerie
Doh!

If you are looking for something original - here is the best you can get:
https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-c...edItems-071515

Karl
cousineerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:11 AM   #634
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Well boys I did it. I pulled the trigger and bought a Frazetta orginal. I spoke to William and Lori Frazetta (Frank Jrs son and wife) and both said they had nothing for sale in the way of sketches. Communicated with Sara (daughter of Holly) via messenger and she said and Holly had none anymore either. I used to be FB friends with Heidi and we spoke a little bit via messenger but then she left FB and I couldn't ask her. Sara recommended that I talk to Dannielle who is Bill's daughter and I guess I showed some of the stuff she was selling in earlier posts. Anyway I ended up buying the attached piece. I spoke to her about other options which I will discuss in another post but I am really happy with what I bought.

Pros:
1. Ink, better than pencil
2. Good combo of Frazetta stuff, animal (lion) savage Bran Mak Morn, guys in armor, and action poses
3. Obviously Frazetta work style I like
4. Large piece (8.5x11)
6. Comes with COA from Bill confirming authenticity
7. Came directly from the masters hand and it is mine
8. I could afford it

Cons:
1. Not signed
2. Very rough work, early sketches without much refinement
3. No example of Frazetta signature style woman
4. Not related to any specific known work
5. Still as expensive as hell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frazetta rough cent.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	122051  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:20 AM   #635
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

So I already linked to the Heritage Auction site which shows how fast and for how much Frazetta stuff is going for now, even the doodle style sketches. When I was talking to Dannielle and asked her if they had anything else a little more refined available and how much they would ask for those. The guy getting chased by the Dino is $20K, the odd shaped cut out piece with dudes and Frazetta chicks is $17.5K. They also showed me some like watercolor stuff but given the pricing of these I didn't even ask how much those were.

I asked if he would be interested in my Ken Kelly oil painting (With Ken's blessing, I called him and asked if he would be offended if I traded it and he said not at all, Ken is a fantastic guy) in trade but Bill wasn't interested in it. So I went the aforementioned way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frazetta dino.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	122052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frazetta Odd.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	122053  
Old 03-24-2019, 04:28 AM   #636
Marcel54
Hellboy

Congrats with your acquisition!! It has the Frazetta look and feel. Those two other sketches are really nice as well, but the price tags are far beyond my means.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #637
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

You are happy with it and that's all that matters. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #638
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Fantasy Realms is finally producing a tiny run of Chris Gabbrish 1/6 DD2. To date he has only produce d 5 and with Chris’ help I managed to nab 2 of them. One for me and one for Shedman. Will post pics when they show up and after Shedman paints them.

On a side note Chris is also selling his original 1/8 sculpt of the same DD2 that he did for Reelart. I was totaling to Chris about possibly buying it when he told me about the Brit producing the 1/6.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:17 AM   #639
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Fantasy Realms is finally producing a tiny run of Chris Gabbrish 1/6 DD2. To date he has only produce d 5 and with Chris’ help I managed to nab 2 of them. One for me and one for Shedman. Will post pics when they show up and after Shedman paints them.

On a side note Chris is also selling his original 1/8 sculpt of the same DD2 that he did for Reelart. I was totaling to Chris about possibly buying it when he told me about the Brit producing the 1/6.
Yeah I thought I was going to get one from Kenny at the clubhouse, but the deal fell through for him from Chris.

Fantasy realms was suppose to hook me up way back then, I did get the DD and steed that Chris sculpted from them.which is a real killer kit.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #640
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Yeah I thought I was going to get one from Kenny at the clubhouse, but the deal fell through for him from Chris.

Fantasy realms was suppose to hook me up way back then, I did get the DD and steed that Chris sculpted from them.which is a real killer kit.
I think the deal fell through with Kenny because Kenny planned to produce the 1/8 Reelart version but once he found out the 1/6 was being produced he backed out. 1/8 is a tough sell anyway and then you add the competition of a much preferred scale and I think he could see it would be a bad investment. One thing I loved about the 1/8 was that it at least had a couple of demons but when I was thinking of buying the original I wouldn't have produced it as I don't think it would sell either with the 1/6 as an option. Also it has been my experience that original sculpts are much more fragile and I don't know if you paint an original if it is susceptible to drying out or otherwise failing so I opted to buy the 1/6 kit instead.