Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

New XM Magneto

So Ben has decided to provide a slight tease by changing his FB profile picture...lol. Looks like it might be a Marvel Now design with the coller on the cape.

I am guessing 1/4, but this is all I got.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
Askani81
The Herculoids

Damn! Magnus is here to rule again
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This has to be the white suit.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
I thought it was just speculation that it was 1/4 could be a bust but I think it's just stupid to revisit a character so early in the game ,if this is 1/4. I know a lot of collectors don't mind 43 variations of the same character but it's so many more xmen and villains to move foward on gambit,bishop,rogue,colossus,,etc.
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
If XM wasn't doing new characters and B and C listers...I would be inclined to agree. But as I have stated numerous times in SS threads....I don't have a problem with companies revisiting statues esepecially when they are in different dynamic poses, but I do have a problem when companies revisit characters time and time again when other characters have yet to be done.

Nemesis...XM has at least 15 - 20 mutants in the works...some already finished and others further along. XM doing a different costume version of a highly wanted character in a dynamic pose isn't a bad thing.

In fact, I hope they revisit Thor next. They need to do a modern Thor or an Asgardian Armor Thor. Same for Hulk...hopefully the Red Hulk or gray though.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Hmm...another Magneto, how about something a little different?

Onslaught! Onslaught! Onslaught!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #7
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
If XM wasn't doing new characters and B and C listers...I would be inclined to agree. But as I have stated numerous times in SS threads....I don't have a problem with companies revisiting statues esepecially when they are in different dynamic poses, but I do have a problem when companies revisit characters time and time again when other characters have yet to be done.

Nemesis...XM has at least 15 - 20 mutants in the works...some already finished and others further along. XM doing a different costume version of a highly wanted character in a dynamic pose isn't a bad thing.

In fact, I hope they revisit Thor next. They need to do a modern Thor or an Asgardian Armor Thor. Same for Hulk...hopefully the Red Hulk or gray though.
That's what I love about XM doing all different characters and making them pieces of art with just the right balance of A,B and C listers I just didn't expect them to revamp so soon ...okay you gotta do a brown suit wolvie if you did a yellow suit with a touch of weapon x, okay you gotta do classic iron man if you did modern but a different mags? Maybe I can did it ...Well to each his own I'm still gonna buy it being my focus is xm xmen/spidey line
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yep, this isn't like SS doing a new Red Sonja before the last one even sold out.

They have done characters that frankly, nobody else would touch at the 1/4 scale. You can't say they haven't earned the right to revisit a character at this point.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #9
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Yeah XM is moving at a break neck pace too since Marvel is their main line right now. They've already released almost the entire original Sinister Six for Spider-Man but Sideshow hasn't even gotten around to releasing 1 member of the Sinister Six yet. Kind of crazy.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #10
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Hmm...another Magneto, how about something a little different?

Onslaught! Onslaught! Onslaught!
OMG!!!

I would love an 1/4 Onslaught statue!!!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote