Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #101
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Will it look cool with Hulkbuster? Yeah if you have Hulkbuster . I bought Hulk Transformation to display with Hulkbuster so what is point of C list Character dwarfing my other two grails ?

There is none!
That's what I don't understand about this piece. Why make an absolute showstopper of a piece... of a C-list character?

You'd think War Machine would be perfect for a simpler piece that can finally check of that box and then complement any other Marvel pieces you want.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #102
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
That's what I don't understand about this piece. Why make an absolute showstopper of a piece... of a C-list character?

You'd think War Machine would be perfect for a simpler piece that can finally check of that box and then complement any other Marvel pieces you want.
Agree wholeheartedly. It would be like if SSC made a huge Beast Boy as an Elephant statue. It may look really cool but is Beast Boy popular enough for it to make sense?

I know Rhodey has some fans but I can't see this selling that many pieces. It is not Batman or Iron Man or Wolverine. And again, I am not against the beauty of this piece - this looks amazing. I'm just not giving up the cash and space for War Machine.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #103
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree wholeheartedly. It would be like if SSC made a huge Beast Boy as an Elephant statue. It may look really cool but is Beast Boy popular enough for it to make sense?

I know Rhodey has some fans but I can't see this selling that many pieces. It is not Batman or Iron Man or Wolverine. And again, I am not against the beauty of this piece - this looks amazing. I'm just not giving up the cash and space for War Machine.
Not just the space, the space as the centerpiece

The ambition is nice, but dropping a couple blockbusters every month is a bit much. Cost aside, these are verging into gallery territory, not home display. At least not a normal sized home.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #104
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Don't think C list status will matter for this. There's plenty of statue collectors that don't even read comics yet still collect.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #105
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So far as big giant robot statues go with lots of LEDs and rivets, if war machine costs this, that means that if XM released the Sentinel vs X-Men piece today how much would that be? If any of this is inaccurate, I'm happy to be corrected.

6x 1/6 scale characters (£500 each, as that's how these now cost).

Sentinel between £2,700 - £3,000 - which sounds very very VERY conservative going by how much war machine and the batman white knight cost.

Nimrod say £300.

Total cost = £3,000 + £3,000 = £6,000. + £1,500 shipping. + 25% customs at £1,200. Total to doorstep = £8,700 ($12,000).

By comparison war machine is robbing the bank blind in broad day light without a mask.

The difference is the sentinel vs had an ES of 288 (remember the days of low ES?) and this has an ES of 4x that @ 1299 or so. Welcome to the new normal, folks
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:43 PM   #106
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Most people who aren't into comics will just see this as a gray and black Ironman with guns. War machine being a c-list character is irrelevant this just looks awesome.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:56 AM   #107
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
The difference is the sentinel vs had an ES of 288 (remember the days of low ES?) and this has an ES of 4x that @ 1299 or so. Welcome to the new normal, folks
The ES is MTO to 1299. It´s a possible ES, not final.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #108
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The other thing I’m seeing is conveniently the price just sky rocketed for a statue like this . Hulkbuster was a lot and I gambled on it . It pushed me to threshold on what I can afford , but with this coming out of factory at 4K plus shipping plus import it’s 6K+ all day and I don’t think that’s normal .

Again I love the concept and detail . I simply can’t afford this and people should be very concerned on where this hobby is going . Very rich collectors are getting into this game now , even famous artists and actors so it’s time soon to look at what was fun for me and ask , is it ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #109
Mister H
Green Goblin

What’s so hard about offering just War Machine? P1 did this with Batman/Bat-bot.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #110
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
The other thing I’m seeing is conveniently the price just sky rocketed for a statue like this . Hulkbuster was a lot and I gambled on it . It pushed me to threshold on what I can afford , but with this coming out of factory at 4K plus shipping plus import it’s 6K+ all day and I don’t think that’s normal .

Again I love the concept and detail . I simply can’t afford this and people should be very concerned on where this hobby is going . Very rich collectors are getting into this game now , even famous artists and actors so it’s time soon to look at what was fun for me and ask , is it ?
Subby is right. Exactly right.

$6,000 to a person's doorstep for this - and we have to calculate the TOTAL price, not just what is on the website - is a lot of money. Kids school fees for a term sort of money. We started this hobby having pieces come in at $250 - $500ish for the absolute grails, and those were a once a year event. And ES was so low that you could sell on - every time, even till date. Now, PCS has a 1/6 scale statue for $888 without shipping and customs. Oniri has a 1/4 scale Robocop for over $1,000 - for a museum pose. And XM has this for $6,000 for war machine that is at best C list. Some people will see this, drool and pay for it. But this for me is now in "kid in candy store" territory and there has to be a line - a time to stop. By this time next year, if people keep buying 1/4 scale statues in museum pose will be $2,000. And collectors will smile, buy and defend the companies.

Say someone buys this, $6,000 all in for a UK collector. How much can they possibly sell this on for? Having the statue cost so much, with the ES so high is killing the secondary market.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote