Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #51
#Brian
Shadowhawk
 
#Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Ah ok, I must have misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification!
No problem, disclaimer: that's what I recall, my memory is only 99.3% reliable.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:19 AM   #52
Kefka2200
Blue Falcon
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
No problem, disclaimer: that's what I recall, my memory is only 99.3% reliable.
Congrats! That’s pretty reliable. I aspire to 70%
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #53
tamaboy311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,460
Jaw hanging from the side flaps? The upper and lower jaws don't meet. Assembly 101.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_092332.png
Views:	65
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	131578  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #54
Kefka2200
Blue Falcon
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Jaw hanging from the side flaps? The upper and lower jaws don't meet. Assembly 101.
Yes they meet. It’s just a bad angle and color combo. You’re real quick to troll.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #55
tamaboy311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Yes they meet. It’s just a bad angle and color combo. You’re real quick to troll.
They don't. And just because i call out a flaw, im not a troll. Learn the difference. I always look for the good in everything and this piece came out pretty nice but this is just a small flaw. Stop the whiny attitude.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_123003.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	131635  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #56
Kefka2200
Blue Falcon
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
It clearly attaches.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #57
Kefka2200
Blue Falcon
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
“Screen-used castings.”

Actual photos. Exactly as it looks in the film because of the source method they used. Your doubt of their ability is actually doubting Stan Winston studios. That’s pretty bold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	96081A9E-D0A2-4BF2-8ADA-9450B5F8B3DE.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	131636   Click image for larger version

Name:	1DEB957A-3075-4FC9-88B9-5F95AB8E04BC.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	131637   Click image for larger version

Name:	C05D9CAF-475D-4C30-AF29-D1850A1CFBA8.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	131638  
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #58
tamaboy311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
“Screen-used castings.”

Actual photos. Exactly as it looks in the film because of the source method they used. Your doubt of their ability is actually doubting Stan Winston studios. That’s pretty bold.
Lol bro, im a huge defender of everything SW. Is the factory that messed up. CC did an amazing job with the proto and clearly did the jaw right. But you are legally blind if you dont see this. The red parts need to be metting each other. Here's some visual aid for you. Ohh and i have pretty much every maquette available out there. And CC factory messed up in pretty much all of them. Specially the pachy's neck seam. Is a damn dissaster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_134805.png
Views:	27
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	131639  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:32 PM   #59
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Lol bro, im a huge defender of everything SW. Is the factory that messed up. CC did an amazing job with the proto and clearly did the jaw right. But you are legally blind if you dont see this. The red parts need to be metting each other. Here's some visual aid for you. Ohh and i have pretty much every maquette available out there. And CC factory messed up in pretty much all of them. Specially the pachy's neck seam. Is a damn dissaster.
As the owner of that photo and hatchling, I can say the entire sculpt is great and looks natural. This is just one angle I used because it had the best lighting at the time.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #60
BladeoftheMoon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
BladeoftheMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under Tennessee
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
They don't. And just because i call out a flaw, im not a troll. Learn the difference. I always look for the good in everything and this piece came out pretty nice but this is just a small flaw. Stop the whiny attitude.
It doesn't look 100% like the film version that's for sure. Made from SWS assets can mean a lot of things. Like with the Raptor bust, it was really nice but it does have issues being made from a cast of an animatronic skin. I have one myself because it's the closest we have so far.

A lot of artist's have tried making baby raptors, some with more success than others. I'm pretty sure I know the artist who made the one for CC or she said she did anyway. It had some flaws back when it was being sculpted. I'd say it's about 90% alright, I would have liked the exact pose and such from the film though we see here :
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com