Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 AM   #21
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Welcome to Commifornia where the liberals roam free and where they try control everyone’s lives because they know best.

Coffee warnings are required by law earlier this year. I took this at Costco food court where they serve coffee flavored smoothie.

I buy so many products with Prop 65 warnings, I just ignore them. There must be a booming industry in making Prop 65 labels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7D10624-44EA-45F8-A865-83BF8397AE2F.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	116754  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:12 AM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

It'd be easier if they just said, "Living is dangerous."
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:25 AM   #23
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I suppose if you opened many new statues daily in a closed small room with no ventilation it could be a factor. Who does that?

It's the least of the total idiocy here. I'll probably be retiring in another state down the road. This state is endlessly finding new ways to repel me. And I am a native. Sad things have deteriorated so much.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:46 AM   #24
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Julia, Emily, Ava, Theodore. Lady Deadpool out of the box. July 2018.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #25
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I suppose if you opened many new statues daily in a closed small room with no ventilation it could be a factor. Who does that?

It's the least of the total idiocy here. I'll probably be retiring in another state down the road. This state is endlessly finding new ways to repel me. And I am a native. Sad things have deteriorated so much.
We have a huge base of people hired by the state to regulate stuff, and CA law makers love the old adage when it comes to regulation "if a little bit of something is good, then more must be better"

these are the same geniuses that have passed so many environmental regs that the state hasn't built a single new dam/reservoir since the 70s. The population has doubled and water demand has quadrupled since then. sadly the current reservoirs can't even capture all the rain water in the winter, 70% runs off into the ocean. but why build more reservoirs?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Could be worse we could be like Flint Michigan and be drinking lead in our water.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #27
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This proposition is a useless tool as all it says is exposure to this product has a risk of harm (cancer, birth defects, straight up more ignorance, etc) but tells you nothing of what there is about this product that is the risk. Is it fumes? Is it from touching? Maybe we are not suppose to eat the statue? Maybe we are not suppose to copulate with it? Please keep away from your butt. Who knows.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #28
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This proposition is a useless tool as all it says is exposure to this product has a risk of harm (cancer, birth defects, straight up more ignorance, etc) but tells you nothing of what there is about this product that is the risk. Is it fumes? Is it from touching? Maybe we are not suppose to eat the statue? Maybe we are not suppose to copulate with it? Please keep away from your butt. Who knows.

It's merely knowing they are there that causes the problems....
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:25 PM   #29
stone eagle
Justice League

Maybe it will mean more used statue sales from the nervous owners who worry about poisoning themselves or their families?
Or just the first step in passing tougher laws to protect the innocent with mandatory testing of statues, one statue a month rationing to limit exposure and safe display and storage laws....
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:14 AM   #30
wyniatau
Doh!

In my opinion, a medium type of roast is the best option since there is the perfect ratio of sweetness and bitterness. My most favorite roast types are Full City, Viennese, or Velvet. At Full City roast, which is the first degree of medium roasting, there is a balanced taste, in which sour notes are still felt, but nutty bitter tones have already manifested themselves well. At Viennese /Velvet roast types, which is the second degree of medium roasting, the taste of the drink from the grain of such roasting is rich and strong, sour notes disappear completely, but caramel and sweet tastes are well revealed, the tone is set by the characteristic coffee bitterness. I prefer Arabica because robusta is too bitter, in my opinion, as well as liberica. Whole bean coffee contains the largest quantity of useful substances, even more than a ground natural one. After I buy beans at dual coffee maker and grind them, I usually make my coffee approximately 10-20 minutes long. The taste is fascinating. Sometimes I like to add cream or milk. It appears to have a splendid taste too.
wyniatau is offline   Reply With Quote