Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Why is yours taking so long to deliver? I got mine in hand like 3 months ago.

And if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely go for the more ‘traditional’ consume, at least until I see the movie anyway. The normal costume has now been shown in what 4 movies now. BVS, WW, JL, and now WW84, so it’s definitely the one to go for, as this Golden Eagle Armour is likely a one off.

I haven’t even read the comic that the costume is sort of based on, but I’ve got the Gail Simone Omnibus coming in soon, so that will soon be rectified.
DX apparently had priority and went out. Regulars haven't had an update since and with new years and the virus everything has been pushed so no idea.

For reference it was supposed to come out last June. I like Prime 1, but I struggle to pre order anymore right now with all my outstanding pre orders all around.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #12
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the facial expression looks better on this one than the Queen Studios 1/2 scale one, also the helmet isn't wrapping around the chin so its more accurate to the movie
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #13
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
DX apparently had priority and went out. Regulars haven't had an update since and with new years and the virus everything has been pushed so no idea.

For reference it was supposed to come out last June. I like Prime 1, but I struggle to pre order anymore right now with all my outstanding pre orders all around.
Ah okay. I almost forgot there was a regular, and this from someone who usually buys nothing but regulars locally. To get the Ultimate in hand cost me like $500 USD more than it would have to get both the regular version plus another bust from my local retailer.

Hopefully you get yours soon, but as you said with how things are going......
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I really want a Wonder Woman in this armor. Always liked the look of it. Cost and space will determine which one I end up getting.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #15
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I hate this costume for WW so much. You take a gorgeous actress playing a hero who is nearly invincible and cover her up with all this metal? When did WW become Hawkgirl?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I hate this costume for WW so much. You take a gorgeous actress playing a hero who is nearly invincible and cover her up with all this metal? When did WW become Hawkgirl?
Check out the Gail Simone run on Wonder Woman. Supposedly hers has been one of the better received runs on that book in a number of years.

The problem here is that many of us, me included may not have followed and read comics all that much in recent years. Some on this forum haven’t read one for many decades. For Marvel I use the Marvel Unlimited app to keep more or less up to date, but unfortunately with DC I rely on hearing about good runs and only getting them if they come out in Omnibus (other than a few hardcover trades such as Black Label and Dark Metal).
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
When did WW become Hawkgirl?
Just one of many questionable fashion choices in 1984.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #18
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Agreed. She should only be wearing heels and a cooking apron.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #19
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Design aside, WW is durable but not immune to the damage that Cheetah inflicts with her claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Check out the Gail Simone run on Wonder Woman. Supposedly hers has been one of the better received runs on that book in a number of years.

The problem here is that many of us, me included may not have followed and read comics all that much in recent years. Some on this forum haven’t read one for many decades. For Marvel I use the Marvel Unlimited app to keep more or less up to date, but unfortunately with DC I rely on hearing about good runs and only getting them if they come out in Omnibus (other than a few hardcover trades such as Black Label and Dark Metal).
I actually bought that omnibus last week, haven't had time to read it yet but I have been looking forward to it.

Kind of seems odd to me if people buying all these statues aren't reading/read lots of comics or watching the movies
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #20
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOrigin View Post

Kind of seems odd to me if people buying all these statues aren't reading/read lots of comics or watching the movies
Most only know about X-Men from the animated series and Capcom fighting games.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote