Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #761
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Why no one like flippers? I don't like to buy the statues with high price such as akuma, but the flippers make them more valuable, if someone can flip the bison, it will become more value and will sold more....
If people can flip on this one, I will be happy cause I am ordered it for sure..
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #762
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

can we make the high resolution BIGGER because my 55 inch LED can't fit it on the same screen...please.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #763
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
can we make the high resolution BIGGER because my 55 inch LED can't fit it on the same screen...please.
tough s#!t prince william! thats as big as she goes!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #764
MinMay

I have no idea...

People who owns the statue from $300 to $2000 should be thanking the flippers LOL...without them...these statues would be selling at $200.

The flippers are the ones that drive this interest....back then..people didn't care about Akuma...

Once people started seeing Akuma price creeping up and then they started buying the next releases and so on....

unfortunately, I wasn't one of them that benefit from the sky rocket prices LOL.... because of that...I lost interest in becoming a completist and just buy only my favorite characters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Why no one like flippers? I don't like to buy the statues with high price such as akuma, but the flippers make them more valuable, if someone can flip the bison, it will become more value and will sold more....
If people can flip on this one, I will be happy cause I am ordered it for sure..
Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #765
MinMay

Darn it...well..at least I have hot Kate with me LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
tough s#!t prince william! thats as big as she goes!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #766
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I respectfully disagree. People who don't like the variant head is a flipper and not a fan? Flippers don't care about the product as long as it is makes them money. I've been a MK fan since 92 and I don't like the skull head. I agree that leaving out the flames or making it translucent would make it look better. Another option might be a battle damaged head with skull showing through (Scorpion only takes off the mask during fatalities). Sorry but I'm not a flipper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaako View Post
so what you are saying is that people who order the exclusive but don't like the ghostrider skull head are flippers ? well sorry to say but you are wrong , this statue kicks ass but the exclusive skull is just a big fail , the skull idea itself is good but the way it turned out is just bad , i really hope this gets fixed
You are misunderstanding.

Everyone has the right to hate the skull head and not buy the EX.

What Im saying is if you want a Scorpion statue, liking the EX skull head or not shouldnt make any difference. Its totally optional purchase...you can still get the definitive statue of Scorpion, which everyone seems to think is a 10 and actually save a couple bucks

So if someone says, Im not buying either because of the skull head then IMO they are mostly looking at it from a flipping perspective....and while there is nothing wrong with flippers I dont factor them or their wishes into my decisions.

Now if the ninja head was universally disliked then we would have a problem.

Last edited by OuttaSight; 07-19-2011 at 07:23 PM.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #767
madmanny

Just wondering Jerry what sort of tweaks are you going to make to the ex head
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #768
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Im not saying anything until I talk to Ed Boon.

I have no problems making an additional third head that is a skull but with no flames. Its easy to do and I love to include additional pieces. But Ed has final say.

I have a feeling he will like the idea and we will do it.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #769
madmanny

Cheers Jerry, i am one who likes the ex by the way..........(please send me number 1)
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #770
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Great question manny. I am VERY interested in hearing the proposed tweaks. I have been interested in purchasing this statue since it was first announced. I would LOVE to purchase the EX but as it stands i honestly don't think the exclusive feature is worth the extra $10.00 + NRD. In addition, as many others said i can get the regularfor cheaper and i don't have to put down the NRD and be locked into an EX piece i'm not totally crazy about owning...especially since i have NO IDEA what Sub-Zero is gonna look like (honestly, i'm looking at this piece as 1/2 of a diorama...Sub-Zero being the other half, which is why i am dying to see what he's gonna look like).

Long story short I would love to know what the planned tweaks are going to be because if i like the sounds of it i will secure the EX, and pay the NRD. but if the tweaks aren't what i'm looking for...i would just wait, not order from sideshow, not pay the silly NRD and get it at a 10-15 discount from my LCS while waiting for the Sub-Zero and sneak to see if i really want to collect this line
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote