Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 09-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #21
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEng1 View Post
Julia Carpenter Spider Woman! Love that card! And all the others by the way. Hope to meet up at the Ohio con. Well done sir! I love cards that are hand drawn. Classic.
Thanks! Yes, please come by my table if you do attend Mid-Ohio.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Can't place enough emphasis on how awesome it is to see hand drawn artwork on these cards and the Julia Carpenter card is my favorite! Great work! It would be a real treat to get you to sign a couple at the con too. Not sure if you sign, I know some artists don't. But it would rock if you would even if I had to pay for the sigs. Get closer to Wisconsin! LOL!
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Can't place enough emphasis on how awesome it is to see hand drawn artwork on these cards and the Julia Carpenter card is my favorite! Great work! It would be a real treat to get you to sign a couple at the con too. Not sure if you sign, I know some artists don't. But it would rock if you would even if I had to pay for the sigs. Get closer to Wisconsin! LOL!
I'm not sure what I would be signing. The sketch cards are one of a kind and sent back to the card company for pack insertion.

Did you see the other Julia Carpenter sketch card I did for the Avengers card set?
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #24
CompEng1

ROFL, forgive me. I was half a bottle in last night when I posted that. I just meant it would be cool to meet you in person. With respect to that Spider Woman card I guess that means there is zero chance of getting it. One of a kind and all. Both awesome and tragic at the same time. I've always had a soft spot for that character in comics. I never thought she got enough coverage or respect. No, I didn't see that other card you produced of her but rest assured I'll be on the lookout now. Do you have a pic? Please belay last night's post. Alcohol and trading cards don't mix. Sailors just pound hooch until the computer art work looks hand drawn. Arrgh...or something.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
ROFL, forgive me. I was half a bottle in last night when I posted that. I just meant it would be cool to meet you in person. With respect to that Spider Woman card I guess that means there is zero chance of getting it. One of a kind and all. Both awesome and tragic at the same time. I've always had a soft spot for that character in comics. I never thought she got enough coverage or respect. No, I didn't see that other card you produced of her but rest assured I'll be on the lookout now. Do you have a pic? Please belay last night's post. Alcohol and trading cards don't mix. Sailors just pound hooch until the computer art work looks hand drawn. Arrgh...or something.
Tony just drew this Julia Carpenter for the Avengers: Marvel's Greatest Heroes card set which comes out in March. Julia Carpenter is one of my favorite Marvel characters. I always ask Tony to draw her for a Marvel set.

Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #26
CompEng1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Tony just drew this Julia Carpenter for the Avengers: Marvel's Greatest Heroes card set which comes out in March. Julia Carpenter is one of my favorite Marvel characters. I always ask Tony to draw her for a Marvel set.

One of my favorite characters as well. Would love to have that card. Even a reprint. What are the odds? Who knows, we might see it on Ebay. We'll probably end up in a bidding war! LOL!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #27
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
One of my favorite characters as well. Would love to have that card. Even a reprint. What are the odds? Who knows, we might see it on Ebay. We'll probably end up in a bidding war! LOL!
I'd love to have about 100 reprints of Tony's Marvel cards from sets too but he can't do it because of their signed contract policies. I'll just have to wait patiently until he's finished these sets to get a personal sketch card (actually I have a big list).
Old 02-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #28
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
I'd love to have about 100 reprints of Tony's Marvel cards from sets too but he can't do it because of their signed contract policies. I'll just have to wait patiently until he's finished these sets to get a personal sketch card (actually I have a big list).
If you can't get a sketchcard, I imagine NO ONE can!!!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
If you can't get a sketchcard, I imagine NO ONE can!!!
LOL. He's been so busy that he hasn't had much time to draw for fun or take on commissions. We are hoping to change that this Summer.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
CompEng1

Quote:
LOL. He's been so busy that he hasn't had much time to draw for fun or take on commissions. We are hoping to change that this Summer.
I'm missing something here for sure. I take it that you have some connection to Tony? Either way, reading his post about commission work got me to thinking. I've got a couple of my fellow military brothers retiring this year. Something like this is a unique retirement gift up the alley of things we talked about for a long time while overseas. Might hit Tony up for some work if he has the time.