Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 04-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #241
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

What a fantastic convention! Unfortunately many of the guests were struck by the dreaded convention flu however they certainly did everything they could to please the fans, going above and beyond the call of duty.
This was also Team [INH]'s first show as media so keep an eye on the blog as we upload our interviews. First up is the irresistable Jill Thompson!
http://tsoetedja.blogspot.com.au/201...isode-191.html
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #242
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Ryan,

Great to see you at the show mate! Sorry if I was distracted but I was a little stressed at times taking care (along with the great volunteer team) of 17 international and local comics creator guests (It was 18 guests but one of them had a family emergency and had to attend his father in hospital).

Sunday was a more relaxed day and I was able to actually stop and chat with friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
Thank you all for a fantastic weekend. All the guests were wonderful and it was great to catch up and put some faces to names on here.

Royd, Rod, Song, Alex, Ken and Terrence... It was a pleasure to see you all. Post all that lovely artwork you all scored!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #243
Royd
Producer
Producer

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Alex, Nik, Rod, Jason et al for helping entertain and assisting the guests during the Supanova Melbourne expo (and also to Alex for supplying me with flu drugs )!

Last and definitely not least - big thanks to Paul (Beernutta) for his much appreciated help in picking me up from airport, ferrying me and other Supanova staff to the show, helping out at the show and also providing assistance to the guests - thanks mate!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #244
Royd
Producer
Producer

Oh, if anyone's wondering what I picked up at the show - the flu!

I bought an Infinity page from Jim which I had been eyeing off at the MGA site and was pleasantly surprised when I saw Jim had it with him so I picked it up!

No Shanna piece from Jim as he wasn't feeling well (one day ) and Mike McKone had kindly pencilled (I've seen the in-progress piece) most of my Shanna piece before he fell ill himself so that one will be coming later
Old 04-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #245
jollyskeleton

Royd! I didn't even get to say a single word to you! Everytime I saw you, you were busy talking to someone else or on your walkie talkie
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #246
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Oh, if anyone's wondering what I picked up at the show - the flu!

I bought an Infinity page from Jim which I had been eyeing off at the MGA site and was pleasantly surprised when I saw Jim had it with him so I picked it up!

No Shanna piece from Jim as he wasn't feeling well (one day ) and Mike McKone had kindly pencilled (I've seen the in-progress piece) most of my Shanna piece before he fell ill himself so that one will be coming later
I felt so bad for you guys on Saturday, everyone looked awful. Mike was such a trooper to insist on being there as much as possible when most people probably would have gone back to the hotel.

I had a very pleasant and informative chat with Michael Golden during the con also. I'm not sure it makes me keen to lay down wads of cash for a piece, but it certainly made me think that there are definitely two sides to every coin. I did get the vibe that the man doesn't suffer fools lightly. The quality of the few pieces he did turn out at the con were quite amazing.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #247
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
I also wanted to give a shout-out to Alex, Nik, Rod, Jason et al for helping entertain and assisting the guests during the Supanova Melbourne expo (and also to Alex for supplying me with flu drugs )!

Last and definitely not least - big thanks to Paul (Beernutta) for his much appreciated help in picking me up from airport, ferrying me and other Supanova staff to the show, helping out at the show and also providing assistance to the guests - thanks mate!
You are too kind mate

Always a great pleasure, just an unavoidable shame that illness knocked you, and some guests around so much

Onwards to Sydney!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #248
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So…it's Monday, and PCD has already started hitting me!
That being said…I'm starting to see everyone's art being posted up here and there….So i might as well post my haul from this weekend…that being said, I'm getting Chamba to do a "Steam Punk" character in my book, in which i'll pick up during FCBD.
anyways…without further delay…..

OH, by the way, the [INH] Show managed to interview some guests, so we'll be posting it up daily this week. (6 episodes I believe)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1-2.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	84063   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	84064   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2-2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	84065   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	492.2 KB
ID:	84066   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	84067  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	84068  
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #249
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Only a few arty pickups from Nova this year...

Mike McKone added Batman to my Batman Jam Piece.

Chris Guise from Weta did a sketch of Balin the Dwarf in my copy of The Hobbit art design book.

Colin Wilson Blueberry Print & WWII Pinup style commission of Bettie Page which I commissioned for my wife's birthday
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #250
blink90210

I hope you all watched our interview with Jill Thompson, now check out our chat with artist/creator/philosopher/comedian Ben Templesmith.
http://tsoetedja.blogspot.com.au/201...isode-192.html
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote