Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I never understood the big deal with this.
I honestly don't see the big deal of this either, sure it's a neat concept but I buy a new system to play new games, not so I can replay my old ones. the only thing I would use this for is those annoying games that are coming out now but still not available on the new system like south park or a lot of the 360 digital only releases that I would like to play
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #22
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I sold my Xbox 360 to pay for my Xbox One. There's just not enough time in my day or life to go back and play games from years ago. Games are forever coming out and what little time I have to play games, I give to the new ones on the market.

This is also why I mostly rent games through Gamefly etc.
What about when we get total crap for months on end or when there is gaming drought? This is when I get the most use out of my old systems. There was a period of about 7 months when absolute crapatastic games were rolling out for the PS3 with not even a possible pre-order in sight.

Also, fighting games are timeless if you like them. I would NEVER be able to part with my Japanese PS2 and the 30+ fighting games I have on it, most of which aren't available on any other system/platform.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #23
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't know about 360s but PS3s seem to hold their value very well. Just looking at ebay completed auctions, my console + 2 controllers + charging station and a couple games would net me north of $200. That's half of the cost of a new PS4...hardly chump change.

Also, I don't like multiple consoles junking up my entertainment center space. I'm in my 30s, don't need my house looking like my college dorm.

I couldn't care less about BC but will probably hold off on getting a PS4 until they add it I suppose.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #24
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't know about 360s but PS3s seem to hold their value very well. Just looking at ebay completed auctions, my console + 2 controllers + charging station and a couple games would net me north of $200. That's half of the cost of a new PS4...hardly chump change.

Also, I don't like multiple consoles junking up my entertainment center space. I'm in my 30s, don't need my house looking like my college dorm.

I couldn't care less about BC but will probably hold off on getting a PS4 until they add it I suppose.
Ahhhh, but it is all a matter of perspective my fellow thirtysomething. I keep them as a blu-ray/game player for the kids that I no longer fret over them using
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Ahhhh, but it is all a matter of perspective my fellow thirtysomething. I keep them as a blu-ray/game player for the kids that I no longer fret over them using
I have a two-year-old running around now, I agree, that just makes good sense. But anything beyond 1-2 systems sitting on any TV just looks like a cluttered eyesore to me.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I have a two-year-old running around now, I agree, that just makes good sense. But anything beyond 1-2 systems sitting on any TV just looks like a cluttered eyesore to me.
I agree, I to send my launch to get the disk drive replaced and paid the $150 as it was the cheapest way to get a 2nd blu ray into the house at the time for the kids then bought a slim for my use in the batcave.

Having said that I think our conversation jinxed me lebowski as my launch PS3 just YLOD' and there is no way I am giving Sony $130 to fix it when a new one is $199 with a game.

Having said that I may just "share" mine and keep the cash in hand for a PS4 purchase come fall as system use is minimal at best in the summer in my home.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #27
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

is this an add on feature later? or is it happening now?
do they plan on making the consoles backyards compatible from here on out?
just curious to know because i have multiple children and multiple games for ps3 and xbox 360.

i want to get a ps4 so is it backwards compatible yet?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #28
Frankierock
Omega Red

No they are not ...it is something they plan on adding as a patch later on down the line...maybe by the holiday season.
But no date is set in stone yet.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

oh ok. so what do you mean by patch? something that will be available in the new models by christmas time? or something that you will have to buy and download into the console?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #30
Frankierock
Omega Red

A patch which will basically be a system update..which will install the software needed to play old games. Not sure if they will be automatically installed in the newer systems or if it will be a download only thing.
As far as I heard this is a free update when it happens.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote