Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #9001
1COLLECTOR
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Thanks for the Info. I seen a few different brands but usually wait for the recommendations.
Nice collection btw.
Thank You!
1COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #9002
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yeah I believe that's it, you can get the no rings with 24 sleeves for 40.

The no ring one lie flat just fine when closed it's not an issue imo... Also it's a bit "studier" as those rings can struggle when the binder is full.

Also just personal experience but I find the no rings easier to flip through, less for it to move and no chance to get caught on the ring opening.
Thanks for the info. I'll likely go with the non-ring version then, save some money.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:19 AM   #9003
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COLLECTOR View Post
Reason I chose the ringed binder was cause I wanted to include many sized sleeves in one binder not just 18X24 so if you are looking for that kind of setup, the rings are better. most of my prints are 18X24 but I also collect many other sizes and its nice to keep it all in one binder.
I have some other sized but I just put them in the same sleeve. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit and they don't slide around or anything :S If it bothers you I suppose but I think having different sized sleeves would bother me ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll likely go with the non-ring version then, save some money.
Saving money is great but if you really like the ring better go for it, the price difference is like 1-2 of the prints you're going to put in there so don't skimp. But if you're not really that worried about the differences (or like me prefer the no ring) definitely go for it as there's no reason not to save if you don't really think it matters much.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #9004
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Saving money is great but if you really like the ring better go for it, the price difference is like 1-2 of the prints you're going to put in there so don't skimp. But if you're not really that worried about the differences (or like me prefer the no ring) definitely go for it as there's no reason not to save if you don't really think it matters much.
The latter. I don’t think it matters much. I have to start somewhere anyways. If I end up not liking the non-ring version I can always upgrade later on but I doubt that will be the case, based on what everyone has posted.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #9005
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

The Frank Cho DC Poster Portfolio was delivered today. Another hit by DC for only $17. Worth it!

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #9006
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #9007
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
The latter. I don’t think it matters much. I have to start somewhere anyways. If I end up not liking the non-ring version I can always upgrade later on but I doubt that will be the case, based on what everyone has posted.
Good choice then

If you have 24x36 the only one that I know of that's still available is the baroque one. It's not cheap and has some issues but take what you can get it....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #9008
Shoo
The Enchantress

Another artist portfolio that some of you might find interesting, this time from Marvel:

Quote:
MARVEL PORTFOLIO: STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Penciled by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Incredible artist Stanley “Artgerm” Lau has made a name for himself at Marvel Comics with a series of striking and instantly recognizable variant covers! His work has graced titles including ASTONISHING X-MEN, BLACK PANTHER, CAPTAIN MARVEL, MIGHTY THOR, SPIDER-GWEN, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE and more. Now, Marvel proudly presents twelve gorgeous, full-color reproductions of some of his most iconic works from the House of Ideas — all in a stunning hardcover case.
12 PGS./Rated T+ …$50.00
ISBN: 978-1-302-92354-9
Trim size: 10-5/8 x 14-7/8

Solicited for February.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #9009
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
The Frank Cho DC Poster Portfolio was delivered today. Another hit by DC for only $17. Worth it!

I uploaded a Secret Sanctuary spotlight on this portfolio the other night.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #9010
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Another artist portfolio that some of you might find interesting, this time from Marvel:

Solicited for February.
Compared to DC portfolios, that feels like a lot of money for just 12 posters! Does Marvel think they can ask for any amount now? Its smaller than the DC size too!
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote